Tom Tom and HP 6915 iPAQ

I bought the iPAQ about 18 months ago and had trouble installing the Tom Tom maps, but eventually managed it - took some hours of struggle and phone calls to HP and Tom Tom, neither of which appeared to know exactly what to do.
I've used the device for GPS with some success, though it is fiddly and slow to load each time.
I've known for some time that the maps needed up-dating and the safety cameras were out of date, but knowing the hassle I had last time I've avoided it till now.
I recently bought the camera up-dates and down loaded Tom Tom Home 2.
However, after several hours again of struggling I have given up trying to get the Home 2 to "see" the iPAQ device.
I'm now wondering if the Tom Tom Home 2 is compatible with the Windows Mobile 5 of my iPAQ, since I read on another forum that the agreement between Tom Tom and HP on this has run out?
The iPAQ was probably state of the art 2 years ago but my new Nokia phone beats it hands down as a phone, and quite honestly for the time it has wasted me I wish I had never bought it - I've been so frustrated with the time it has wasted I nearly put it under the hammer - but at ?400 plus a couple of hundred for maps I think that would be a bit hasty.
It's only use now for me is for GPS, so I would like to get it working.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Which Nokia have you got? I would have a look at McGuider for your devices rather than TomTom, in use it looks/ feels very similar and the maps are up to date, your TTN5 maps will be around four years old by now!

I am guessing that you are UK based from the ? sign in the price? but if your Nokia can support a GPS appliaction I would consider switching to using that all the time with McGuider installed - Mike

Ask a Question