HP 6915 + TomTom beginer questions

A manager at the office gave me his HP6915 to "test maps"

So some questions:
1) How do i know if navigator 5 or 6 is installed on it - "GPS Navigation" under prohram files. I assume this was preinstalled on the device?

2)I bought a Map file on the TomTom.com site and are supposed to download it with TomTom Home. But the software dont dedect my HP when connected to the PC - "there is no compatible tomtom device connected to the computer". Any advice here please?

Regards

1. are you sure its has TT installed? that doesn't look the right name.
2. You have to run Microsoft Activesync on PC for this to work

Older version of TomTom on HP - Upgrade?

I were able to get the version number:
App version 5.300 (5470) - power by TomTom (It is called "GPS Navigation")

I were able to connect the HP device - Activesynct did not detect my device

So now on a new problem:
I assumed that I have Navigator 6 on the device so downloaded TomTom Home that don?t detect any TomTom products on my device. I also bought TomTom Map v6.7 Southern Africa.

Would it be possible to upgrade (free/cost?) my version to something that is compatible with TomTom Home?

Or

Would my current version be able to use the map I bought - I did move it to the memory card on my device with TomTom Home.

1. are you sure its has TT installed? that doesn't look the right name.
2. You have to run Microsoft Activesync on PC for this to work

TomTom is confusing with it's directions... One section says to use ActiveSync and another says to use a SD card.

One thing TomTom seems to be real picky about is its supported device lists. I don't see the HP 6915 on the list, so you can pretty much scratch getting it to work. I've been trying to get Nav 6 to work on my Treo 680 and even though it's listed as a supported device the software says no.

Unfortunately, TomTom support is not much help either. It's frustrating since I like the product when it works. :(

If your boss is in a real generous mood, get the company to spring for a listed device and go from there.

Good luck.

App version 5.300 (5470) - ...I also bought TomTom Map v6.7 Southern Africa.
Would my current version be able to use the map I bought - I did move it to the memory card on my device with TomTom Home.
Thats a really old version of TTNavigator. It won't work with that map.
You need to upgrade to TTNav6, thats if if the device can run it

Thats a really old version of TTNavigator. It won't work with that map.
You need to upgrade to TTNav6, thats if if the device can run it

Ok, i went trought The TomTom support FAQ's and learn:
a) The iPAQ hw6915 is compatible with TTNav6.
b) If you bought a map version v6.7 then you get TTNav6 upgrade included at no cost.

I attempted to log a helpdesk call/email on TomTom.com web form but get error:
Question Submission Failed - 'Email' requires a value.
Use the browser Back button to return to the previous page to correct these problems.

So i'm still in the public domain for support:
What would my procedure be to get/download my TTNav6 upgrade and how to install on device?

I appreciate all this input.

Regards, Gert

Ask a Question