Tmc Module

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom One New Edition + 2.0 GB SD Card / Tom Tom Go 720 + 4.0 GB SD Card
I just ordered a dash kit that has a built in charger with a TMC MODULE for my tom tom 720.. I bought it because searching through some old threads stated it is for free traffic service. If that is wrong please let know i have the ability to UN hook it from the dash kit if i can not use it. I have verizon for a cell carrier and my hands free works great..

I just ordered a dash kit that has a built in charger with a TMC MODULE for my tom tom 720.. I bought it because searching through some old threads stated it is for free traffic service. If that is wrong please let know i have the ability to UN hook it from the dash kit if i can not use it. I have verizon for a cell carrier and my hands free works great..
AFAIK, you will eventually wind up paying an annual subscription to Clear Channel (via TT) for traffic. At present, getting traffic through a cell phone data connect requires no subscription, and as I understand it, offers more detailed information.

Will be interested to see if there's anyone out there to contradict this, as I'm only about 99% certain of this myself.

AFAIK, you will eventually wind up paying an annual subscription to Clear Channel (via TT) for traffic. At present, getting traffic through a cell phone data connect requires no subscription, and as I understand it, offers more detailed information.

Will be interested to see if there's anyone out there to contradict this, as I'm only about 99% certain of this myself.

My understanding is that if you get a TMC antenna in north america, you call TomTom (not through TomTom home) and they'll set you up with a 1-year free subscription, after which you pay. In Europe, users pay **only** for the antenna and then the subscription is lifetime for free.

Nice, eh?:mad:

Ask a Question