Tim - One IQ Routes stuck on time setting screen

My TomTom IQ issue 1 has a problem. When it turns on it asks for date and time but won't allow any input. When I turn it off a circle appears with a burgar on and a triangle with an exclemation mark in it.
It's worked fine for over a year but started doing this when I left it on the floor of the car, turned on.
Has anyone got any ideas ?
Regards,
Tim.

Last edited by a moderator:
First suggestion would be to connect to the computer. Make an Explorer, not Home, backup. If not sure how, see here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

Now, delete all the loose files from the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Then, connect to Home and download the application installed. Disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon in Home.

Any better?

Hi Tim... I've edited the title of your topic to make it a bit more descriptive!

Reinstalling the software as dhn suggests is a good idea (but make that full backup FIRST!)

Don't worry about the picture of a burglar in a circle and a triangle with an exclamation mark in it - that's just the optional "Anti-theft reminder" shut-down screen which you can normally turn on or off in the menus (if the unit is working!).
It's supposed to remind you not to leave the TomTom in the car.

Oh yeah, as Andy said it's just the anti-theft reminder to put it away. Probably looks like this:

1520_antitheftw_2.gif

Cheers lads for the information.
I've only just got back to my computer from being away. Tom tom is at mates house so going to get it in the next day or two and do what you've said.
Will let you know how it goes.
PS: Those are the symboles on the screen.

stuck on time setting

My TT stuck on time setting and it reset automaticly
I have tried hard reset and no luck I format it in fat32 and istall application via home but the same issue I havnt got any backup from my system but I have my original map. please tell me step bu step how can i resolve this problem. is it hardware problem or software issue?

You don't need to keep posting in this thread (I deleted your other two posts).

If you don't have a backup, where is the original map that you said you have?

Have you tried to reset the unit?

Hi
I am new here so sorry for this as i said i format the hard drive but i just copy the map folder in my computer and meta as well. so when i install the application it say is install completly but when the unit restart and i want to set the time it freeze at this stage and reset. I have reset the unit somany times but no help.:confused:

Did you get the map from TomTom or some other source? And what tomtom model do you have?

I got it from tomtom and my unit is tomtom one iq routes edition 140.
You know my problem is not a map , is not passed the time setting . if i had problem with map i should receive the massage : couldnt find any map.

The things you said to try are those I would have suggested:

Format the unit and don't use quickformat.

Restore the map folder to the unit.

Connect to Home and get the application that will be offered. Disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Hi again
I did anything you said but its the same as before its stuck on time setting. please help me. if it doesnt fix just tell me . i need a satnav.

Ask a Question