The Dong Sound?

Many years ago I rented a Hertz rental and I forget what GPS System it is, but does anyone have a Voice prompt that does a Dong right berfore the final turns? (Last turn warning = Dong!) :confused:

No sorry.
Why would you need a last turn warning?
your TomTom should say something like
"turn left, then you have reached your destination."
This is good enough for me.

Dong Sound

No sorry.
"turn left, then you have reached your destination."
This is good enough for me.

LOL in normal voice standards....... now if you hear the other voices (see voice section) you can even get others that can be of your liking!

But a dong? like to wake you up? like Pedro says a voice already tells you you are about to arrive and if you look at the screen tomtom shows you how many MT or Yrds are left to your final destination!

As for rental cars nav system they probably use Garmin .......like Avis
Dull man!

Guys, I agree to a point, but then it is like saying why come up with other voices. You should be happy with what comes with the TomTom? We all have different tastes.

That was my first experience with a navagation system and everything was voice up to the point you actually took a turn. With TomTom it warns you ahead of time several times but the "dong" sound is cool to let you know exactly when to turn (last warning).

Anyway, I just want to change the last warning(for turns). How can I do this myself?

You might be able to do this if you have a custom voice.
I never made a voice, but I assume instead of adding "you have reached your destination", you would add a bong voice.

Other than this, you can't do it.

I believe other systems make a 'dong' when you actually completed the instruction (i.e. the turn). Doesn't make a difference to me.

I had iGuidance loaded on my laptop and it would make that sound. It was pretty accurate too as when it dinged you best be turning.

I kind of liked it better than the TomTom's voice only guidance when making a lot of turns in a neighborhood or something because that ding meant "TURN NOW!!!!"......

It only seemed to do it at slow speeds when turns were close together.

I think if you guys actually heard the way it works, you might like it on the TomTom. Instead of telling you to "turn left" one last time, it just dings when you need to turn. So if 2 streets are right close together it makes it easier to know which to turn on w/o looking at TomTom and taking eyes off road.

To me, it was step closer to speaking street names as far as helpfulness.... my 2 cents.

Well if it were two turns close to one another, the instructions will be linked.

e.g.

Turn right then take the second left.

Ask a Question