Susan voice

Is the voice stored on your computer? (Check in Home for Items on my computer-->Voices).

If she is there you can reinstall her. If not, you can dl her (free) from TT using Home.

I know longer have Susan on my 720, so no read street, how do I get her back?

Did you just update your map?

I lost Susan after upgrading to Map 8.25. It turns out, although TomTom Home could not find her, the TomTom could.

I recommend un-plugging the TomTom from your computer and going to "voice preferences" on the TomTom itself; she should show up there.

She shows but doesn't work, when I try to download a computer voice, it says it is not support by my device

Try a pin reset of the 720. Then, in the unit, Preferences-->Voice preferences-->Is Susan there for selecting?

Also, use Explorer to look at the contents of your unit. Look in the North America map folder. Do you see a bunch of csspeechxx.dat files?

Another question. Do you have a Loquendo folder in the root of your unit with other files/folders in it?

Do you have a backup of your unit's contents you can restore? (Hopefully made with Explorer, not Home).

Report back.

I am having a very similar problem with my 720. I have App 8.302 installed. When the female computer voices are selected (Kate or Susan) - their voices do not work at all. If I pick Simon or Dave, their voices work. If I fire up Home and try to look at my computer voices - it tells me this feature is not supported.

I've done a PIN reset and it makes no difference.

But - I am also running the NA map from my SD card. If I pop out my SD card, then all the voices work fine and Home again will let me add/remove computer voices.

When I updated my unit, I first updated it without the SD card installed. Then a 2nd time with the SD card installed. So they are both running the same version.

Next question is - what should I try next to fix it?

Maybe I should try recopying the LoquendoTTS directory from the GPS over to the SD card?

computer voice

Just a little add on. Dave the computer voice really works well and alot of people on the internet They say that this voice is the best. I use in on my 920 and love it.

Same here

But - I am also running the NA map from my SD card. If I pop out my SD card, then all the voices work fine and Home again will let me add/remove computer voices.

When I updated my unit, I first updated it without the SD card installed. Then a 2nd time with the SD card installed. So they are both running the same version.

Maybe I should try recopying the LoquendoTTS directory from the GPS over to the SD card?
Same problem here; will try copying the folder over to the card.

bultman37: Do you have an SD card in yours?

Kate voice

I have the same problem how do i copy folder from where to sd card complete novice step by step please and thankyou kirsty

Use Explorer: Select the drive for the Internal unit. You should see a folder called Loquendo. Copy the folder and its contents to the sd card.

lostt kate

thankyou for your reply ,however i did say a step by step solution please, i mean that literally,I am a comlpete novice i have windows file explorer is that the same. Kirsty

That is correct. Use Explorer to move to the drive letter showing as TomTom internal (it may be named a little differently but should say 'internal' somewhere). Left click on the folder called Loquendo. Now, right click and select the copy, NOT Move, option.

Next, using Explorer, move to the drive showing the sd card. Should make reference to 'external' in the name. Right click and select 'Paste'. It should take a couple of minutes.

Lastly, disconnect the unit PROPERLY from the computer using the USB Safety Disconnect icon in the bottom right hand side of your computer (called the'Notification area'). Will have a green arrow on the little icon. Double Click on the icon and a window pops up. Click on 'stop'. You should hear a little 'pop' sound in a few seconds. Then it is ok to remove your unit.

Ask a Question