ONE XL*S more Computer Voices other than "Susan"?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL-S
I thought there were two (or more) computer synthesis voices for the XL*S. Mine appears to only have one, "Susan". Isn't there at least a male US English computer voice? If so, where can I find it?

Anyone also know why when I hook my unit up to HOME and operate it from there, that the next time I turn it on, I get the warning that the "voice I selected is not available"? It then shows me "Susan" and has me reselect it. I never change the voice when I operate it through HOME, only looking at various menu options to see what is different about remote vs local usage (also there are also items not documented in remote mode).

I thought there were two (or more) computer synthesis voices for the XL*S. Mine appears to only have one, "Susan". Isn't there at least a male US English computer voice? If so, where can I find it?

Anyone also know why when I hook my unit up to HOME and operate it from there, that the next time I turn it on, I get the warning that the "voice I selected is not available"? It then shows me "Susan" and has me reselect it. I never change the voice when I operate it through HOME, only looking at various menu options to see what is different about remote vs local usage (also there are also items not documented in remote mode).

Yes, for English, there are 2 male + 2 female (US+UK), but you'll need to use a 2GB SD card (or more) as there's no room on your XL-S, and each voice eats up around 35MB

OK, now I understand. Well, as I'm going to get a 2gb card soon (as soon as they are back in stock at the local store for $9.99), I'll keep that in mind. My internal 1gb has about 20mb free.

Now, where do I find the extra voices, and I assume they are free? I only want the male US voice. Are they downloadable from HOME?

Say, can we delete all the EULA/License files that are in one of the folders? Quite a bit of wasted space there.

Yes, use the HOME software to get to the computer voices. Select add voices, POIs etc, then select the next arrow to advance the screen until you see "COMPUTER VOICES" and add the ones you want. The UK voices aren't really that bad, I use them for distinctiveness over the drone of the radio or wife ;)

Yes, use the HOME software to get to the computer voices. Select add voices, POIs etc, then select the next arrow to advance the screen until you see "COMPUTER VOICES" and add the ones you want. The UK voices aren't really that bad, I use them for distinctiveness over the drone of the radio or wife ;)

you need to using TT home v2 for this though... no access for mac users running 1.6!

The UK voices aren't really that bad, I use them for distinctiveness over the drone of the radio or wife ;)

...lol, I was thinking the same thing the other day, I usually use Susan, but Kate seemed to have done the trick a couple of times...:D

...would have been nice if they'd have made Mandy TTS...or a more softer, smoother voice...maybe in the future

Is there any way to just download the voice to the hard drive, and I can manually switch out the files just to see what the male voice sounds like? Seems like a lot of effort to get a card, transfer all the files to the card, get a file, and then determine I don't like the voice.

The UK voices aren't really that bad, I use them for distinctiveness over the drone of the radio or wife ;)

...lol, I was thinking the same thing the other day, I usually use Susan, but Kate seemed to have done the trick a couple of times...:D (I wish they'd have made Mandy TTS...or a more softer, smoother voice)

Hi, I'm new in the use of GPS and recently got as a X-mas gift a TT 1 XL-S. In addition to the computer voices from TT Home, are there more computer voices available in the internet? If so, does any one know sites to obtain such voices. Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question