Streets or addresses not present

Hello,

I have a TomTom one and I updated it a month or so ago.

Lately I have found that a large number of streets are not showing up or it does not recognize a street range and tells me that the number I want is outside of the range. These addresses are 5-10 years old so it's not like I'm looking for a new housing addition.

Any advice on how I can get it to recognize these streets or is there a place to get more maps.

This would be for a US state.

Thanks.

Hello,

I have a TomTom one and I updated it a month or so ago.

Lately I have found that a large number of streets are not showing up or it does not recognize a street range and tells me that the number I want is outside of the range. These addresses are 5-10 years old so it's not like I'm looking for a new housing addition.

Any advice on how I can get it to recognize these streets or is there a place to get more maps.

This would be for a US state.

Thanks.
First to the streets. Be sure to Browse the map to be certain that the streets are not present on the map. You don't say where you are, but a lot of folks in suburban areas discover that they think an address is in one town (and may well be) but the TomTom thinks that it is in another. The address problem can also occur if the TomTom thinks that a street bridges two towns. In short, a lot of people are surprised at which town name must be entered to get to a particular address. So if you can browse to it on the map and see the street there, consider another town name.

If the street isn't there at all, even when browsing, you've run across one of the gripes of every user of GPS technology for street navigation ... depending upon where you are, Navteq's maps are updated first, and in other places, the Teleatlas maps (TomTom) get updated first. It's surprising that some roads can be missed by both for many years. All you can do if that's the case is report the missing road using the TomTom "Correct a map error" or directly at teleatlas.com and hope they get it included in a future map release. Ditto the address issues.

Thanks for the reply.

No it doesn't pick it up for another nearby town. The bridging streets thing makes sense though.

If I go to the tom tom route planner online it shows the street for some reason.

Thanks for the reply.

No it doesn't pick it up for another nearby town. The bridging streets thing makes sense though.

If I go to the tom tom route planner online it shows the street for some reason.
If you would, please use the "Browse map" feature and position your unit to the area in question. We need to know if the roads are actually in your map set before we can determine the nature of your problem. What you are seeing on the TomTom server isn't necessarily reflective of what's on your unit right now. Speaking of which...

Turn on your unit, and on the main nav page, touch the satellite bars. On the right, you'll see a tiny box with "Version" written in it. Touch that.

Down the page a bit you'll see Map: and the name and version of your map. What is the version number?

Does 7.903 sound right?

I don't see a browse map button anywhere. If I go to the route planner and put the address in, then go straight to the tomtom the address is there, but if I navigate to somewhere else and try to go back to that data (like from the drop down menu where it seems to save streets, towns, etc) in the tom tom it's gone.

looking for a particular street just say i.e Stonehenge lane

Start typing stoneh and it stops on ston. So I try the idea of being in another town and still don't see the street, but if loaded from route planner it shows the street in the original city.

Any ideas?

Does 7.903 sound right?
Nope. That sounds like a firmware version -- and an old one at that, but depending upon which of the several ONE models you have, it may actually be current.
Below that you should see "Map:" with additional information to the right.
I don't see a browse map button anywhere.
??? I didn't know there was a ONE model that did not include that button. Hitting the blue right arrow once from the main page doesn't get you a "Browse map" button on the 2nd page?!?

Nope. That sounds like a firmware version -- and an old one at that, but depending upon which of the several ONE models you have, it may actually be current.
Below that you should see "Map:" with additional information to the right.

??? I didn't know there was a ONE model that did not include that button. Hitting the blue right arrow once from the main page doesn't get you a "Browse map" button on the 2nd page?!?

7.903 is the firmware version for the old 2006/2007 ONE models.

They had limited memory, and ore only compatible with the compressed "USA and Canada" map. This has low-usage roads removed, and other simplifications, to squeeze the map into 1GB of space.

If you get a newer device with "North America" or "Usa/Canada/Mex" maps, those maps aren't compressed and will have all the roads/street numbers on the Teleatlas route planner.

Ask a Question