How to turn one way streets into two way?

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live1535
On my route I noticed One of my main streets for some reason had a Left turn ahead for a natural curve in the road ...

So I decided to tweek this abnormality and 'somehow' turned this 'One block' of the street into a one way only..
So then went back into map corrections and can only change it from = east to west to west to east .. :confused:

It appears I am only allowed to either asisign left / right turns or make the street one way or Unblock a street ..

How can I turn this block (8th ave east/ Braid) into a two way street??

http://goo.gl/maps/nM3T

Last edited:
Should be simple...
In Map Corrections, go to "Block street".
Once you have chosen the street, you should then get a screen showing the road with a block/unblock box for each direction. Tapping either of those boxes changes the status for each direction individually.
So from that one screen you can make a street two-way, one way in either direction, or close it off completely. (Easier to do than to describe!)

You'll notice that the possible results that you can achieve in the "make a road one-way" section are just as easy to do from this "block road" section. It's a con really....

Also, to my mind, "Block street" is a misnomer, as most of the corrections I want to make involve streets blocked by a barrier of some sort (gate, bollards, pedestrianised section etc.) These blocks exist at a SINGLE POINT in the road and there is no ability to do this anywhere in the Map Corrections functions.

Last edited:
Also, to my mind, "Block street" is a misnomer, as most of the corrections I want to make involve streets blocked by a barrier of some sort (gate, bollards, pedestrianised section etc.) These blocks exist at a SINGLE POINT in the road and there is no ability to do this anywhere in the Map Corrections functions.
Agreed that it's a nuisance, and that's the sort of change I'm usually trying to make as well. The City of Boulder, CO, likes to take perfectly good streets, block them off at intersections, and call it a 'neighborhood'. Truth to tell, they want everyone there on skateboards and bicycles -- but then, we call it the People's Republic of Boulder for good reason.

However, it is possible to block a street, though it's often a LOT more tedious than it should be. The solution is to employ the "Change turn restrictions" instead of "(Un)block street". Using the turn restrictions, you can avoid a straight through, creating a T intersection or creating a dead end, whichever is appropriate. Problem is, you have to apply the appropriate turn restriction to each of the approach streets. Like I say, not easy. But it is a lot more accurate than simply selecting the shortest stretch of road possible and blocking both ends of it in both directions when that really isn't appropriate.

True, you can usually manage to do it that way (as I have), but how many "normal" users are going to bother? They'll just use "Block street" like they're encouraged to do and unwittingly help to decrease the accuracy of the maps. :(

Ask a Question