Stolen Activation Code

Has anyone else had this happen. I just burned up minutes on my cell and they informed me....too bad. I have the card with the code for free lifetime map updates and they refuse to honor it. Any recourse on this? I don't think it's fair that I "own" the number yet they let someone else keep and use it. How about they just turn the thief's off and give it back!!! The free lifetime map update is the reason I bought it.

Are there any American contact phone numbers or emails for this problem.

Hey Super Moderator,
I appreciate the reply. Already called them. They are the ones that just said ...sorry. I tried to tell CS I could send pics of my info to let them know it's legit, but they just said "sorry" again. Even spoke to the supervisor. I find it interesting that they didn't even want to see my documentation. Not looking so good for the CS department.

I just took pics of my box and my card for the codes. This was purchased new last year. So I thought maybe I could have some other recourse than laying my issue on closed eyes and deaf ears at the CS number.

Any other suggestions. I could let this drop, but it's the principal of the advertisement. They should honor it; especially when somebody stole my codes and they know who it is.

thanks again,
Shari
Arizona

I don't know what to suggest; nor do I understand how someone stole your activation code?

Where did you purchase the item? Amazon by any chance?

Yes it was from Amazon. Brand new. Still have the receipt dated 9-21-10. ($194.98) I emailedt copies of code card and box to CS email support yesterday. We'll see where it goes. We already own two Garmin units and enjoy them. No CS issues there.

Amazon IS a recognized reseller of TomTom products. Not saying it is the case in this situation but it has happened that Amazon has shipped out a unit that appears to be new but which turned out to be a refurbished all repackaged. And the original owner HAD used the activation code on the unit.

So, yes, I'm afraid you need to pursue this with amazon and TomTom. Sorry for the hassle.

Amazon is all about customer service (IMHO). Call their customer service and they should be able to help you out. Most likely they will have you return your GPS and ship you out a new one with a valid activation code. Hope it all works out for you.

Ask a Question