splat rate / avoid roads / high death / accident rates

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Xl Australia
Hi all,:)

apart from the avoid road function / road block, is there away to show how many splats..:(... occour on a section of road?
is this somthing that comes through the traffic manager / up date aireal thingy?

I think if it can show road works, or we can add speed camaera notice, can it not show how many deaths on a section of road / or like a black spot map warning?

In Australia the Gov have a program that shows a black spot section.....and tell how much they are spending on funding of roads.... it is usual a sign on the side of the road you see as you drive into the said splat zone?

It would give me the choice to either travel down a HWY of doom or avoid it?

I think I remember a request for this in a UK based forum where, it seems, car accidents are the number one hobby of the Brits! :eek:

Anyway, don't think this data is available in any traffic service as of yet.

In the UK TomTom Live device do indeed notify you of known blackspots for accidents, the little icon that appears tends to confuse you at first, when it appears you are left wondering what the icon is actually for but with a little out of the box thinking you can work it all out, I am not too sure how accurate the data is though from what I have seen its about 50% accurate unless there are lots of other very stupid drivers that can't negotiate basic bends in the road without causing crashes - Mike

Thanks for the clarification, Mike. Now you've twigged my memory, I do believe the presence of blackspots was indeed mentioned at PGPSW and it was this discussion I was thinking about.......

(and to think I only had 19 more days to go to be absolutely perfect in 2009.....:D )

Splat zone

Hi guys,
No i have not spoken to the Gov....

Had a thought?....

How would i down load an Icon ..... say like a samll cross to sig the splat zone? the icons in the add POI section are a little lame?
I will use the skull and cross bones for a while.

Any tips.

Thanks for the clarification, Mike. Now you've twigged my memory, I do believe the presence of blackspots was indeed mentioned at PGPSW and it was this discussion I was thinking about.......

(and to think I only had 19 more days to go to be absolutely perfect in 2009.....:D )
Missed by 19 days....... better luck in 2010....

Splat zones mark up

Hi Arno,

thanks I have started to mark up my maps, & I have a voice message that advise splat zone :)

Can a section of road be marked up? change of colour for a coupple of KM?

does my POI splat zone show up on map share?

I have also droped a line to Tom Tom & asked same Q. may Matt D or the unknown work mate can jump in?

Regards,

Hello Dave,
Can a section of road be marked up? change of colour for a coupple of KM?
I don't think so but let's wait to see what the more experienced moderators have to say.
I, for one, have problems braking down a long road in proper sections for speed limit map corrections.
does my POI splat zone show up on map share?
I am pretty certain that it will not. I think only for TT supplied Poi categories Map Share additions or alterations can be made but I may be corrected in that one too.

You probably now this method but....
Sorry for the delay in replying. You are right, the always is a but ...

You may not remember the thread when I wanted to mark the 5 different speed limits in about 12 different sections of McCowan Road, all the way up to the Richmond Hill Live Steamers at 15922.
To say that it was an exercise in futility would be an understatement. Every time I got to the 4th speed change in Markham, about 1/3 rd up the whole distance it decided to mark the 3 previous sections the same as the 4 th and as there is no undo button I finally threw in the towel and don't bother with speed corrections any longer.

I was not aware of Mike Alder's posts there and noted something a bit odd in his first post.
1.) There is no image on the right. 2.) The small image on the left is identical to the larger end result one.

I was not aware of Mike Alder's posts there and noted something a bit odd in his first post.
1.) There is no image on the right. 2.) The small image on the left is identical to the larger end result one.
You mean this part:

If you want to know how to go from the image on the left to that on the right, read on.

Perhaps you need to look closer at the image as there are one or two subtle changes - the main one from the point in question being the incorrect speed limit on the left followed by the correct speed limit on the right, it is the image with the 70MPH limit at the end of the article - Mike

Perhaps you need to look closer at the image as there are one or two subtle changes - the main one from the point in question being the incorrect speed limit on the left followed by the correct speed limit on the right, it is the image with the 70MPH limit at the end of the article - Mike

After seeing you above dual picture I just went back to the pocketgpsworld site.
This is rather interesting as yesterday there were a total of 3 pictures only. Your RH picture was on the left and there was nothing on the right.
The Change speed for highlighted street? and the final picture was there. Nothing else.

From what I saw, it is obvious that the left picture was the same as the final result.

In part B of your instructions all screen prints depicting roads were shown but none of the menus.

Things are getting weirderer and weirderer!!!
Maybe it was a server problem.
Lately it takes a long time for some pages to open and even then the 'clock' dots keep on circling.

Ask a Question