Sound Not Working on XLS

Hi,

From what I've been reading this is common, but does anyone know or have the file I can download to revert back to the older version v7.14 so the sound can go back to working on my tomtom? I believe this is how it's to be fixed?

I opened my box yesterday turned it on and all the sounds were working fine, but then I plugged it into my computer and installed tomtom home and now the sound is not working..only when I go to test mode for the voices.

thankyou in advance.!

Push and hold the reset, while holding in the reset push and hold the power button, release the reset and then release the power button. Then turn on your unit.

I am running firmware 7.162 and have no problem with sound. Make sure that your sound isn't turned all the way down too... (change preferences -> volume preferences)
Check your Speed Preferences (change preferences -> speed preferences) and make sure that you have what you want spoken, checked off.

Also, you will only get TTS (reading street names) when you have a computer voice selected.

Push and hold the reset, while holding in the reset push and hold the power button, release the reset and then release the power button. Then turn on your unit.

I am running firmware 7.162 and have no problem with sound. Make sure that your sound isn't turned all the way down too... (change preferences -> volume preferences)
Check your Speed Preferences (change preferences -> speed preferences) and make sure that you have what you want spoken, checked off.

Also, you will only get TTS (reading street names) when you have a computer voice selected.

I did the reset and thought it did work because it made a sound when shutting down, but now I am not getting ANY sound at all..even when I check the computer voices "test" button nothing comes out and I have the volume set on 100%.. :confused:

thanks for your help anyway shadow, I really appreciate it. :) I'm going to try to call tonight and see if I can get things up and running again. Thanks again!!

but does anyone know or have the file I can download to revert back to the older version v7.14 so the sound can go back to working on my tomtom? I believe this is how it's to be fixed?

I have a copy of the 7.14 version, i can email the zipped file to you but need an email address to send it to.

thanks for your help anyway shadow, I really appreciate it. :) I'm going to try to call tonight and see if I can get things up and running again. Thanks again!!

How about 'Restore to Factory Settings'? Tried that?

Ask a Question