Set-up help

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm a newbie and this is my first time on the forum. I just opened my One XL that I bought for my wife about a year ago. Everything on Tom Tom Home is set up and correct. However, my device keeps coming up to a map of Guam of all places. I can't get it changed. When asked if I wanted to switch to a map of the US and Canada, when I answered yes it said this device does not support that map. It says One XL, US and Canada on the box. Any idea what the heck is going on? Could they have put the wrong device in the box?

That's often a sign that the application installed isn't the correct one for the map installed.

Tap your satellite bars. The next screen shows the application version installed. Now, tap the version number, and that should show the map version installled.
Please report those values back here.

**Never Mind** I found the answer. I had two maps loaded on the computer, Guam and the USA. I deleted the Guam and it said that the USA map was not activated. When I looked under Add Maps it had $79.95 next to the US map making it seem like there was an additional purchase needed for that map. However, after looking closer, it said location:computer where all of the other maps the location was listed as online. After activating it I was in business. I still don't know ther the map of Guam came from. :)

**Never Mind** I found the answer. I had two maps loaded on the computer, Guam and the USA. I deleted the Guam and it said that the USA map was not activated. When I looked under Add Maps it had $79.95 next to the US map making it seem like there was an additional purchase needed for that map. However, after looking closer, it said location:computer where all of the other maps the location was listed as online. After activating it I was in business. I still don't know ther the map of Guam came from. :)

Yea I had this happen to me when I used to own a ONE XL. I had to re-add the map onto my device but it said I had to pay for it. I was like "WHAT!?!?!?!?" but then I noticed it said Location My computer, and even though it showed a price for the map, I clicked "buy" and it didn't charge me or anything, it just preceded to install the map onto my device.

Ask a Question