See Address of POI before calculating route?

Is there a way to see what the address of a POI? On my Garmin c320 when I search for a POI it will tell me what the address is before I select it as my destination. This is useful when searching for a specific store when there are several within a few miles. I have Navigator 6 on a Windows Mobile device and I can't figure out a way to see what the address of a POI is! Help?

TIA!

--FCOD

Good question. On a related note, if I select POI as destination, choose the city, then choose hotels, it just gives me a massive list of them with no way to enter the name of the one I want. This is absurd. Are we really supposed to just scroll through hundreds of hotel names in a big city until we finally stumble across the one we want? Also, if you do pick one from the list and it turns out to be the wrong one, there doesn't appear to be any way to back up and select another and you just get forced to start all over. Please someone provide a solution to either or both of these problems. Thanks!!!

Good question. On a related note, if I select POI as destination, choose the city, then choose hotels, it just gives me a massive list of them with no way to enter the name of the one I want. This is absurd. Are we really supposed to just scroll through hundreds of hotel names in a big city until we finally stumble across the one we want? Also, if you do pick one from the list and it turns out to be the wrong one, there doesn't appear to be any way to back up and select another and you just get forced to start all over. Please someone provide a solution to either or both of these problems. Thanks!!!

In your example, once you've selected the hotel/motel category for the specific city, use the 'find' button in the bottom right of the screen. Start typing any part of the hotel name you want and the matching poi's will be listed.

Same process for any poi category ... for example, use 'find' with restaurants and type 'mac'. All the Macdonalds in that city will appear. As I said, you can type any part. So, typing 'sea' will find the hotel called Four Seasons.

Got it? ;)

In your example, once you've selected the hotel/motel category for the specific city, use the 'find' button in the bottom right of the screen. Start typing any part of the hotel name you want and the matching poi's will be listed.

Same process for any poi category ... for example, use 'find' with restaurants and type 'mac'. All the Macdonalds in that city will appear. As I said, you can type any part. So, typing 'sea' will find the hotel called Four Seasons.

Got it? ;)
Thanks for the reply BUT if only there were a 'find" button then I would have tried that before posting here. In my example, the only button in the bottom right of the screen is the 'back' button. There is no find button anywhere on the screen. I am using Navigator 6.

I apologize; I did not realize that. Is there a firmware update for the model that may help?

I apologize; I did not realize that. Is there a firmware update for the model that may help?

This is Navigator 6, their software that you install on a PDA - there is no firmware to update. Perhaps you got confused from the very beginning by only partially reading the original post in this thread. This thread is not actually about physical gps units but rather as it states "I have Navigator 6 on a Windows Mobile device". So, all of this is just about their Navigator 6 software.

Is there a way to see what the address of a POI? On my Garmin c320 when I search for a POI it will tell me what the address is before I select it as my destination. This is useful when searching for a specific store when there are several within a few miles. I have Navigator 6 on a Windows Mobile device and I can't figure out a way to see what the address of a POI is! Help?

TIA!

--FCOD

I haven't used Navigator 6, but if it's anything like Navigator 7, selecting the POI shows a map of where the POI is supposed to be, which you must confirm before the route is calculated. It's not quite an address street number, but at least you can see cross-streets, etc.

I do wish it would show the street address as I approach the destination; it would help me find the right building if the destination is hard to see.

What you could do (if you know which store / POI you want to navigate to is) -

Make sure that you have the POI category visible on the map (Slightly obvious I know).

Navigate to / Point on Map / - Find the POI that you want and use the stylus on it. Some POIs have the address that appears when highlighted with the stylus. The blue circle (in four quarters) will then be at that position.
Click 'Done' and the route will start to be calculated (if you have GPS active).

Alternatively, browse the map, highlight the POI you want with the stylus. Click the blue circle / octagonal symbol (the one at the bottom) and use 'Navigate to'.

Hope this helps, if you already use this method then it may help someone else who doesn't.

Cheers,

Ask a Question