Importing an address book to POIs or Favorites?

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
I know that you can import your phone numbers into the 720, but does anyone know if there is a way to import an address book into your favorites or add it as a list of POIs? I used to have a GPS for my PPC and it was great being able to select a contact as your destination as opposed to having to enter all the information.

You will have to do it manually using Poiedit and entering the gps coordinates.
I have all my friends and family as a POI instead of favorites. This is much easier to control and I can add their phone numbers to the listing.

Thanks. I have MapPoint 2009 and am looking into ways to simplify this. There has to be a way to import addresses and export them with GPS coordinates. I found some information using Visual Basic, but I haven't programmed for years lol. If I can figure something out, I'll post it here.

Last edited:
Thanks. I found a pushpin tool that would let me do it in MapPoint, but it was $75 for the full version. Looks to be running fine now. Thanksabunch!

Drew

You can use this website to convert the addresses.
Also follow the procedure explained by tomtom how to use Excel to export the information.

I have been trying to get this to work. The GeoCoder sites work fine, great find!

The makeov2.exe tool. opens a Command Window momentarily and closes right away.

Any ideas what the issue may be here?

Thanks

I have been trying to get this to work. The GeoCoder sites work fine, great find!

The makeov2.exe tool. opens a Command Window momentarily and closes right away.

Any ideas what the issue may be here?

Thanks

You can use POIedit to convert the file into a .ov2 file.

Ask a Question