SD maps not found

aight, i have a tom tom one XL and in australia. bought the western europe maps last year and worked fine. put the sd card in today as i am travelling overseas tomorrow and it says maps not found. is that because im not in europe or would my maps be corrupted? because nothing has happened to the card, hasn't been used nor edited since may 08

You should be able to select and view the map even when you are away from its area of coverage so something must be wrong.
Can you view the files and folders on the SD card and report back what you find? - Mike

ok it has contacts, gl, gns, itn, logging, maps, program, sounds, statdata, voices and Western_Europe_1GB folders in it with antitheftw, currentpa, data.chk, install.bif, mctx, settings, system, tomtom, ttgo.bif, TTPnOPD, ttsystem and UserPatch files on the SD card

i inserted the car during the first tom tom screen when it starts up and it looks like its loading the maps but then it comes back with maps not found. been about 2 years since i used teh SD card though

You should only insert/ remove the memory card with the device powered off otherwise you can corrupt the data on the card, try a reset of the device by pressing the reset button on the base of the device then switch it on with the card inserted - Mike

Ask a Question