screen saver on 740 live help

TomTom Model(s)
XL
bloody screen saver keeps coming on. why was this no deactivated when shipped?? ive searched the forum looks like i have to delete some sort of folder but i cant for the life of me find it on the unit or tomtom home. someone please explain!

Find a folder called "scripts" on your TomTom using your PC. Delete all files found inside it. Heck - just delete the whole "scripts" folder. Was this a store demo unit???

Find a folder called "scripts" on your TomTom using your PC. Delete all files found inside it. Heck - just delete the whole "scripts" folder. Was this a store demo unit???

No, it came boxed and sealed. I've got a Mac should I just search the hard drive for the scripts? Then what?

Try updating to app 9.054. The problem should go away.

To update, install the Tomtom HOME app on your computer, open the app, and run "update my GO"

No, it came boxed and sealed. I've got a Mac should I just search the hard drive for the scripts? Then what?
Assuming MVL's solution works, it's no problem. If that doesn't fly, you use Finder on your Mac to look at your TomTom, find the folder called "scripts", and delete anything in it. But since your unit was fresh in the box, that may not be required.

FWIW: Use Finder to make a FULL backup of your entire TomTom to some spot on your Mac's hard drive before you do the firmware update that MVL recommends. We suggest this to ALL users before they begin to update their units in any way. In case anything goes badly, it's always easier to put you back to where you were.

Ask a Question