Turn off TT screensaver/marketing featue?

I have a new (used) TT 2nd edition GPS. It seems to work well so far. However, it appears to have a "screensaver" type feature that I can not deactivate. I have routes set up and they will begin with no problems. However, after just a few minutes the route will go away and various screen shots of TT features will appear. They will only defer back to the map when the screen is touched. Of course, it always happens right when a turn is necessary. This is not the tips feature. I have deactivated it. I also have problems with the unit maintaining the settings I have set - for instance, automatically changing to night mode when dark. Any ideas on what is wrong?

Use Explorer to see what resides in the scripts folder on the unit and delete anything found there. See if that helps.

screensaver trouble part 2

Hi All,

I have just bought a Via Live which is also running a screensaver demo (showing me what features a tomtom has after 10 mins driving). I can tap the screen and it stops, but cannot remove the script file as the Via Live does not show as an external drive (e.g F on my PC. Any ideas kind people?
Thanks, Chris

The newer units that use MyTomTom for the interface to the PC cannot display the files/ folders , if you have a new unit that is running the shop demo mode please contact TomTom on 0845 161 0009 or return it to the shop where you purchased it - Mike

Ask a Question