help screensaver

Hello let me just say I love my tomtoms. I have a one, a rider, and a go930. Guestion is how do i turn off the damn screensaver i guess that's what is? It turns on after awhile telling you what it does. Please help!!!!

nope not tips after about 5-15 minutes of driving it will turn the map off to some sort of tomtom advertising thing telling you everything you can do with the new 930. not tips. But thanks.

Sounds like you have a

display or a demo model ?

Did yo buy the device NEW not refurbished ?

Was the device in a " sealed " box ?

To correct this....you may need to reformat the device and reinstall the navcore and maps.

Figured it out just had to remove the script folder and no more ads for tomtom

Interesting,

as I asked in post 2

was the unit a display model ?

was the unit sealed or an open box when you bought ?

Was the unit refurbished ?

Never seen this problem with a new sealed device.

also

I have the " script " folder that contains the file " liblua.so "

I've had this folder with many of the Navcore versions....8.002...8.3....8.320

and never had this problem.

Last edited:
Solution: rename script

Importcraz1,

Most likely the demo script in the \script directory of your TT is named "salesdemo.script". A script by this name is run automatically after a certain time. Just rename it to "demo.script". Problem solved.

Regards

I have this problem too, i havent had the chance to hook it to my comp yet thou.

It was brand new TT V3 sealed in the plastic blister box from Best Buy.

After 5-10 min it would go to demo mode after i set a destination and let it set which is annoying.

Im gona take the advice posted and delete the scipts.

How do you find this and remove it, I have searched EVERYWHERE and can not find the folder for the scripts anywhere?? Please can someone give me instructions on how to do this cause the screensaver is driving me crazy

Use Explorer to look at the contents of your unit. One folder should be called script. Delete the contents in there.

One folder should be called script. Delete the contents in there.

As reported a year ago, PSJ and I have the file liblua.so in the script folder since new and never had a problem.
Does anyone know what this file does, if anything?

I have that as well, Arno. I suspect it is used for the tour of the unit when you first take it out of the box and start to set up your information. You are asked if you want a tour of the unit.

When you restore to factory defaults, you're offered the tour again ..........I think that's it

I don't recall being asked, Dave, but I never did take that tour and since I have no intentions to reset to factory default voluntarily I hopefully never have to find out if your guess is correct. ;->)

demo ad

Connect the tomtom to your pc. Open start menu. Open My Computer. Double click tomtom device. Delet the folder called script. Done.:D:D

Screensaver hell

Hi All,

I have just bought a Via Live which is also running a screensaver demo (showing me what features a tomtom has after 10 mins driving). I can tap the screen and it stops, but cannot remove the script file as the Via Live does not show as an external drive (e.g F:) on my PC. Any ideas kind people?
Thanks, Chris:rolleyes:

Ask a Question