Screen Flicker and Distorted Voice

TomTom Model(s)
GO720
I know someone recently posted with this same issue, but for the life of me I can't find the thread.

Recently my TT GO720 battery got to where it won't hold a charge. When I plug in the car adapter the screen begins to flicker badly and the voice is very distorted. I am also hearing a slight crackling sound coming from the speaker on the device. Can anyone shed light on what's going on? Does this indicate a worn battery or some other issue?

Thanks!

Recently my TT GO720 battery got to where it won't hold a charge. When I plug in the car adapter the screen begins to flicker badly and the voice is very distorted. I am also hearing a slight crackling sound coming from the speaker on the device.
The symptoms indicate a low voltage issue, but the fact that plugging it in isn't helping is a bit troublesome. It sounds as though the battery/charger is pulling down the voltage being supplied by the car adapter. Does the same thing happen when you plug your unit into a USB cable? And I am assuming that the little green light in the lower right is lighting up nicely when the car charger is in use.

Also... If you're in need of a new battery and feeling handy, there's a tutorial here

https://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom...730-920-930-battery-replacement-tutorial.html

that explains where you can get a new one and how to install it. Evidently there are a few shops who are willing to do this as well.

Ask a Question