school poi?

TomTom Model(s)
tomtom 720
I've updated to the lastest maps and just noticed that schools do not show up any where? the POI in the older maps showed schools but I can not find them anywhere it TOMTOM just rushing out new maps without double checking? if I backed up my tomtom before updating my maps can I find the school poi on that?

I've updated to the lastest maps and just noticed that schools do not show up any where? the POI in the older maps showed schools but I can not find them anywhere it TOMTOM just rushing out new maps without double checking? if I backed up my tomtom before updating my maps can I find the school poi on that?

I was also surprised that there was no school POI using the 710 maps. See https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=5816&highlight=vandergraff

I contacted TomTom technical support. They suggest unistalling and re-installing 710 Maps. I really don't expect this to solve the issue - however currently TomTom home won't let me re-install the 710 Map. It says I don't have enough space - even if I tell it to completely remove the currently installed map...

I was also surprised that there was no school POI using the 710 maps. See https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=5816&highlight=vandergraff

I contacted TomTom technical support. They suggest unistalling and re-installing 710 Maps. I really don't expect this to solve the issue - however currently TomTom home won't let me re-install the 710 Map. It says I don't have enough space - even if I tell it to completely remove the currently installed map...

Trust me.....go get yourself a sd card of at least 2, 4 is even better, gigs.

Will save yourself a world of grief in the long run.

(from a battered 'been there, done that, got the t-shirt' survivor ;) )

The School POI didn't come with the 710 maps. It did however come as a separate downloadable POI file via TT Home, but has since been removed by TT.

Ask a Question