Safety Cameras - US, CAN - Free of Charge (540TM)

[RESOLVED] Safety Cameras - US, CAN - Free of Charge (540TM)

Anyone else having issues getting the safety cameras to work on their 540TM? It keeps offering it as a free download but I always receive the following error:

ERROR: -500/#http://home.tomtom.com/download/Saf...&id=359&file=Safety_Cam_US_Canada_TomTom.ov2: Error from server: Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
Error code: HTTP 500
URL: http://home.tomtom.com/download/Saf...e&id=359&file=Safety_Cam_US_Canada_TomTom.ov2
Additional information: info = [object]
info.method = [string] GET
info.resumeOffset = [number] 0
info.resumeDownloadEnabled = [boolean] false
info.entityID = [string]
info.file = [string] C:\Users\user\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\safetycamera\Safety_Cameras_-_USA__CAN_-_Free_of_Charge\Safety_Cam_US_Canada_TomTom.cab
info.metaFile = [string] C:\Users\user\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\temp\ec04d4342365a885fa13c2ad1610fddc.tmp.meta
info.tempFile = [string] C:\Users\user\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\temp\ec04d4342365a885fa13c2ad1610fddc.tmp

Severity: 1105
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/netutil.js:97
return new ServerError(responseStatusText, -responseStatusCode, aChannel.URI.spec, undefined, additionalInfo);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js:363
exception = NetUtil.isRequestSuccess(this._channel, aStatus, this._getRequestInfo());

All other updates download/install fine...this has been going on for awhile now but I held off as the new maps were coming out. I did call Tomtom and was told that it is a problem on their server and that's about it. It'll be sorted out eventually. A friend of mine (also with the 540TM) updates her safety cameras no problem. Kind of frustrating...

Last edited:
Nobody? Bueller? Bueller? Ok, how about this: does anyone know how to completely wipe the Tomtom and redownload the app/maps and install that onto the TT? I don't want to backup/restore as I think the issue lies with my TT's software (others I know with the 540TM have no problem with the speed cameras).

Third time is the charm...I couldn't get TT's safety cameras to work but on advise from another user here I went to Trapster.com and downloaded their app for the TT. It installed and worked great. For me I just had to make sure I initially selected a large enough area to cover all the places I go. Easy peasy...

You've undoubtedly got a better list now anyway. Stick with that, and download it regularly - things move around.

Ask a Question