One 130s - Free Safety cameras ..why dont I see them

Hi,

Just got a new one 130S..used the map guarantee and got the latest map (7.25 i think it was)..anyway, when i plugged my one to HOME, i saw that I had the option to get free USA safety camera POIs..so I downloaded and installed it..

Things is, how to I view them? When i go into the POI menu, I dont see the POI for "safety cameras"? I don't even see the safetycamera.bmp in my root file? Under TomTom services.. I do see the options for changing the warning tones for different cameras?

I passed a speed camera this morning and even "reported" it using the report button. I drove by it again this afternoon and no warning!

Any hints on how this works?

The .ov2 and .bmp files must go directly in the specific map file on your unit, not in the root of the unit.

Oops..sorry I meant Map folder...there is still no .bmp for the safety cams.

I see the Safety_Cam_US_TomTom.ov2 and the Safety_Cam_US_TomTomOv2.ver in that folder. But still no bmp.

If I add a bmp and rename it Safety_Cam_US_TomTom.bmp will that fix the issue?

Yes, it will...........but you should still be seeing the category for safety cameras and they should show with a red block on the screen if you've selected them to show.

Have you verified in Manage pois that you have the category checked?

ok i uploaded a bmp renamed it as above.....rebooted.. checked Show POI on map menu and do not see the safety cameras as a POI..so I can't select it..

Any ideas?

Oh and what is the .ver file for?

Yes, it will...........but you should still be seeing the category for safety cameras and they should show with a red block on the screen if you've selected them to show.
Weird.
I have safety cameras for most of Europe but none for North America.
Checked with HOME and cannot find any for the US or Canada, not even for sale.

So I call TT cust service about the camera POI not working.. she says "safety camera" POIs are illegal in the USA... then why did they let me download it?? Odd! So no help there!

Thanks, I saved them but will most likely not use them. Red Light cameras are anathema to me, particularly with the pedestrian seconds to amber count downs.

I was more prompted by a2gti saying in post # 1 that he did download them with HOME and your post # 4 seemed to reinforce that idea.

Yes, this is odd. When I updated my new 130S last week, a US safety camera database was offered and I downloaded it. HOME shows it on my unit. Very clearly says it's for USA and Canada. But the tomtom webpage under plus services says it's not available for USA and Canada. HMM! luckily it's small, but that should be a giveaway that it can't have much of anything in it!

Yes, this is odd. When I updated my new 130S last week, a US safety camera database was offered and I downloaded it. HOME shows it on my unit. Very clearly says it's for USA and Canada. But the tomtom webpage under plus services says it's not available for USA and Canada. HMM! luckily it's small, but that should be a giveaway that it can't have much of anything in it!

I don't think those are officially from TomTom. Its probably a tiny list of cams in someones area. I remember downloading them too but I knew they weren't going to work.

I don't think those are officially from TomTom. Its probably a tiny list of cams in someones area. I remember downloading them too but I knew they weren't going to work.

Well, if you look at it in HOME it says "TomTom" next to it, not "community".

Well, if you look at it in HOME it says "TomTom" next to it, not "community".

"Well" if you read the description it says it's not available in the USA. Get over it people! It's not available!

And no where here does it show where it's for USA

tom2.jpg

tom.jpg

Last edited:
Looks a little different for me.

The point is, if it's not available, why is it available to download? I'm guessing it's a framework for eventual use.

I don't care one way or another, I am not interested in using the service. But this is going to be confusing to people who are.

Attachments

• safety2.jpg
    safety2.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 362
Looks a little different for me.

The point is, if it's not available, why is it available to download? I'm guessing it's a framework for eventual use.

I don't care one way or another, I am not interested in using the service. But this is going to be confusing to people who are.

HOME always has its bugs. Like the other thread I made asking "Why am I able to download computer voices when I don't have an XL-S?"

and your pic came all Y#RUIHFKHFWjkfhedfhe49fud lol. The pic got screwed during the upload.
Ohh and here is a link to the thread I was talking about. That's good ole HOME for ya!

http://tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=11288

Last edited:
HOME always has its bugs. Like the other thread I made asking "Why am I able to download computer voices when I don't have an XL-S?"

and your pic came all Y#RUIHFKHFWjkfhedfhe49fud lol. The pic got screwed during the upload.
Ohh and here is a link to the thread I was talking about. That's good ole HOME for ya!

http://tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=11288
I'd really like to see your picture as the only safety cameras shown for me are European ones.

To get your pictire into the body of the post, click the down arrow next to the paper clip in the top line and then click on the name of the picture.
Cheers,

Wow, the forum really whacked my attachment :) I'll have to do something else here....

safety1.gif

safety2.gif

I agree that HOME is very buggy... quite often you can do the same thing twice and get different results!

Wow, the forum really whacked my attachment :) I'll have to do something else here....

safety1.gif

safety2.gif

I agree that HOME is very buggy... quite often you can do the same thing twice and get different results!

Edit : Damn, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about I'm just really confused. I would call TomTom and show them this pic.

Last edited:
It's version 2.4.0.104.

At first I saw all the European safety cameras, like your screenshot, in with the US one. But now, I don't see the European ones if I view Recommended items. And if I choose "All", I don't see those individual ones anymore. I see an entry for a $39.95 subscription to "TomTom Safety Cameras Europe - 1 year"

Ask a Question