rubbish

hi sorry for my first post to sound very negative but here is the problem ive been having,i bought a new tomtom 1000 europe direct from tomtom,first thing i notice was it took 3 weeks to arrive which the hole point of buying it from tomtom was it was releast before it was in the shops,when it came i was over the moon with it but this was very short lived,first thing i noticed over my old tomtom 750 live was you counldnt add any poi,the speed cameras couldnt be updated,no vocies no nothing,iam really disappointed by this time now,then i get an update from tomtom saying update is avalible please connect your tomtom,to this i did and now iam getting a message saying no maps found,well cut along story short it went away for repair and it took 3 weeks to come back to me today,now when i opended the box today ive got a brand new tomtom so i thought great,great was a poor word as this tomtom doesnt work the live services,it keeps turning itself off then on again,i phoned tomtom and told them of me grief and after telling them my problems ive got a full refund,so now my question is what do i buy as ive lost all faith in tomtom and as for my opinion dont even think about buying the new 1000 or the 1005 as these are crap,sorry rant over-thanks hoggy

Welcome to TTF.

Unfortunately, the subject you chose for your thread quite correctly reflects the experience many users of the 1000, 1005, VIA (and in NA the 2405 and 2505) models are having.

Most believe the product was rushed to market way before either the software, hardware or the web interface were ready.

I'm sure at some point TT will get all this ironed out but, by then, the damage will have been done.

...so now my question is what do i buy...
Geez - I don't suppose you kept that 750, did you? Nice unit. Wish we could get them here in the U.S.

Ask a Question