tom tom 510 software update is rubbish

Hi all
just like to say, the latest TT 510 is rubbish compared to the first 510, the software is not as good, for loads of reasons, safty camers distance can't be set, plus unit won't turn off when cig plug is pulled out from accessory point. I;m thinking of selling it to get another make, does anyone else have the same idea:)

Errr,

If you don't like it why don't you just go back to the previous version? Or the version before that. If you don't want the 'features' you describe at all, you will have to go to 6.11 or before. If you want those 'features' to be fully optional, not enforced then you can use 6.15.

I happen to agree with you about the changes, so I am still using v6.0!

Hey Spook, glad to see you back.
To go back to a previous version, can one just install an older firmwire version or does it have to be done as a 'restore'?

Hey Spook, glad to see you back.
To go back to a previous version, can one just install an older firmwire version or does it have to be done as a 'restore'?

Glad to be back Pedro2NR.

Yes you can just install a previous software version (I believe only the ttsystem file is needed) from either a backup you made before updating (of course you made a backup before updating, right?) or from one of the sources of previous software versions on the net.

Ask a Question