Route Summary Screen rubbish after recent update

TKR

TomTom Model(s)
XL IQ Routes Edition
Hi all,

hope someone can help as this is driving me mad!!

I updated my Tomtom yesterday and downloaded the free google map also onto my device. Everything went well until I tried to plan a route, when it went to the summary route screen where it used to show all the major towns and cities the route was bringing you through it now shows nothing!! It only shows the biggest cities that you might be going through. Before it was very handy because some towns on the route when you see it you know there will be a huge traffic jam(even though tomtom IQ should know this and doesn't) I know, so I know to avoid that part of the route. But I can only know this if I can see which towns it is going to bring me through. I removed the google map from my tomtom but it didnt make any difference so I am wondering was it the update, I dont know.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

TKR

First of all, I'm fascinated to know what this "free Google map" is, and where it came from.
To my knowledge there's never been a way to put Google maps on a TomTom.

Any chance of a link to it, or tell us where in the update process you were offered it and what it did when you got it?

----

Now, on to the route summary screen.

I'm still seeing town names on the summary screen "snapshot"map. Nothing's changed (I hate the way it uses the grey "Traffic" colour scheme for that snapshot map, but TT has always done that).

On the MAIN "Browse map" screen there is an option to turn on or off the town names. (Go to Browse map / Options / Advanced / and make sure there is a tick next to "Names").

But when I just tried turning it off on my XL it made no difference to the names displayed on the route summary snapshot map.

So I guess you should be trying a reset next - hold the power switch down for 20 seconds until you hear the drum roll.

I'm still trying to think of other things to try, but as a work-round, you can always view the route on the main "Browse map" screen.

Hi Andy

in tomtom home, then 'Add traffic, Voices, safety camera's, then in Colour Schemes, and the top two are named Google maps, the first one can't be downloaded but the second one can. I deleted it from my device thinking that that was the problem but it didn't solve it. I don't know if it was something I did or it was the update from tomtom home that has caused it but its bugging the life out of me!!:confused:

That wasn't a map under "color (or colour) schemes". It was literally that, a color scheme - designed to mimic the colors Google uses for road, park, commercial, water and other colored areas on a map.

Your firmware update does change the user interface a bit. Check your route 'details' and review it as text, and you'll see exactly what route has been planned, and you can then decide what to avoid or retain.

Ask a Question