Rider2 only, QuickGPSFix

I just tried to put the gps quick fix from this morning onto my Rider2 and it says that the item does not work on this device therefore cannot be installed.

Wow, thats really odd.

I have never, ever even had a QuickFix come up on my HOME for a download, let alone not be able to install onto the device.

In my conversations with TT support, there was never any mention of that.

Would you mind pluggin in ur device, and opening it to see if you have a "ephem" folder. Not in your computer, but on the actual Rider2.

Within that folder (if it exists) should be: packedephemeris.ee

Cheers

Wow, thats really odd.

I have never, ever even had a QuickFix come up on my HOME for a download, let alone not be able to install onto the device.

I followed the instructions on the other thread for the One LE this morning and updated my ONE that way. I tried the same with the files that were on my computer.
In my conversations with TT support, there was never any mention of that.

Would you mind pluggin in ur device, and opening it to see if you have a "ephem" folder. Not in your computer, but on the actual Rider2.

Within that folder (if it exists) should be: packedephemeris.ee

Cheers

No EPHEM Folder and no *.ee file on my Rider2.

Hmmm....perhaps the RR2 doesnt get the QuickFixes, not sure why not tho.

Not a biggie, as my device always picks up satellites very quickly anyways. But was curious why it never had an update for it show up on my HOME.

I will get ahold of TT support again, and see if I can get to the bottom of this.

Cheers,

I just confirmed with TT support. The R2 does not recieve QuickFix updates.

But...he says that with the new application, which of course isnt working, you MIGHT be able to get it with the install of the aforementioned Ephem files.

Will have to wait until they get that new application sorted out.

Cheers

This is all very odd. When I first received my TTR2 in July 08', I installed the Home app, updated everything and the QuickGPSFix feature existed on my TTR2.

I tested it and it downloaded whatever data it is supposed to. It worked for a couple of weeks. Then the errors started happening; red screen, can not connect etc.

Now I'm reading that the Rider series does not receive these updates, and that there is a new application that doesn't yet work that allows the Rider series to do what mine used to do back in July?

TomTom has some serious internal communications issues.

This is all very odd. When I first received my TTR2 in July 08', I installed the Home app, updated everything and the QuickGPSFix feature existed on my TTR2.

I tested it and it downloaded whatever data it is supposed to. It worked for a couple of weeks. Then the errors started happening; red screen, can not connect etc.

Now I'm reading that the Rider series does not receive these updates, and that there is a new application that doesn't yet work that allows the Rider series to do what mine used to do back in July?

TomTom has some serious internal communications issues.

Of this you are correcto....

And the fella said that the new appy "might make it work" but he wasnt sure.

cheers

Ask a Question