Rider 2 maps

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
Hi, new to the forum. Just got a TomTom Rider2 for christmas and am monkeying around with it. So far so good. Its "current application version" is 6.581

It seems to have the Can/USA map version 667.1378

I live in a town of almost 8,000 people, and there is not a single street listed on the unit.

There is another town 7 miles down the road, with a pop of around 9,000. It has all the streets, address's, POI's, etc in the unit.

Whats with that?

Is there a version available that would include my town? I suspect that as I travel across Canada I will run into this quite abit.

I will gladly buy a different version if thats what it takes.

Hoping someone can shed some light.

Cheers!

Rick in Canada

you can check Tele Atlas' website and see if your area has been updated.
Then I would call TT Support: 1 866 486 6866 (available 8:30AM to 7:00PM EST Mon - Fri and 9:00AM to 5:00PM EST Saturdays)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well, here's the deal

I had installed HOME 2.1 using the UK site

I finally got ahold of a rep on the phone (an hour wait)

Seems the 2.1 is not compatable with the TT R2, hence the shut down problem.

I re-installed 1.5 and no further issues.

But, you dont have that "latest map guarentee" feature.

It took a wee bit of coaxing, but TT gave me the latest map available for the TT rider2. It is v675. Apparently the v7.10 isnt compatable for our Rider 2.

The 675 does show the street names and poi's that were missing in the v667 that was in my new unit.

The girl actually stayed on the phone to assist me with the removal of 2.1 and installing the new map on my Tom.

I am happy again.

Cheers!

Ask a Question