How do I get maps to work on a Rider??

Bought my tomtom rider 2nd edition some months ago

First mistake, I never made a back up
intermediate mistake, take it on a thousand km tour and it decides to stop working for the duration until I get back from the tour (go figure)
2nd mistake I loaded POI that messed my maps up
3rd mistake I never updated my maps within 30 day cause I never knew I had to
4th mistake, forced to by new maps
5th mistake cannot read them on device
6th mistake trying to get hold of support
7th mistake, im forced to buy more maps of europe as my last choice. If this does not work Im throwing it in the trash and getting my self a Garmin

If anyone out there knows how to make a new map visible on the tomtom please reply ... it will save me plenty Euros

cheers

I would call TT support. You might want to first use the online support, only so you can fully describe the problem and to be issued with a support reference number. Then give them a call. I have actually had pretty good luck with "live" support.

Cheers

Good, first stop advice from RCACS. I note that quite a few first time users are fed up and considering selling / trashing their Tomtom and buying a Garmin. Be warned, Garmins are not completely trouble free either and their technical support can be difficult too.

PC

I had problem with updates and had to get with tech support I also went past 30 days work with tech support they shound help

Mine is finally working

If you bought maps from HOME, then you can do the following steps:

1) backup using this process
2) format the Tomtom drive
3) plug into HOME, then reinstall the application repeatedly until it gives you app 7.903. Then reinstall your map, then reinstall your voice (in that order)

Ask a Question