Rider 2 Holder/Cradle/dock

Hi,

I need a dock/cradle/holder for my Rider 2. Tom Tom disco'd the GPS and isn't selling them. Ebay has a 2, one for $129 and the other for $273. I'll buy a better/new GPS before I invest much more money in this one.

I'm hoping to start a brainstorming thread to come up with cradles to mate to RAM Mounts.

Are there any aftermarket holders available? I couldn't find any anywhere.

Has anyone made your own holder? If so could you post pics?
It looks like you could cut some plexiglas or plastic to slide into the back and screw the RAM mount plate into it. Not the most secure, certainly some issues to work out but better than nothing.

Are there any other GPS or universal holders that are known to fit/work?

CJ

The Rider-3 otherwise known as the "Urban Rider" was announced in Amsterdam 27/04/2010 and "should" be on sale some time in May, I say "should" because there are only three days left of May and its not on sale as yet! For additional information click Here Note the new rider doesn't come with a powered mount, although one will be available as an accessory (probably won't fit either of the earlier rider devices though) - Mike

I still have my original dock on my bike. The RAM that comes with it was too long IMHO, and when mounted to the handlebar, shook far too much for my liking, especially on rougher roads (like almost every road in Canada!). I suspect that this contributes to the early failure that others suffer. I replaced the RAM arm with a 1" one and completely eliminated the shaking.

Just my .02 worth.

Cheers!

Options found

After doing some research there are some different (cheaper) options than purchasing a new Dock + RAM mount. Keep in mind they are obviously not as good as the dedicated dock which also can charge your GPS.

Here they are:

Givi Universal mount:

News

Canadian Tire:
Radio/GPS ATV Mount | Canadian Tire
Apparently there's a company named Moose that also builds these as well. I bought it because it can be tried and returned without question. It does work but is OK only. It has other uses such as holding my camera or a handheld GPS on my wife's bike.

and this one:

Kryakyn

I think the last one is the best based on price and flexibility. It won't have elastic bands in the way and you can use a car style GPS or other gadget if (like me) you have more than one bike. I ordered one to try it.

These are going on my KLR 650. If anyone wants to see pics let me know and I'll post some.

CJ.

Ask a Question