Rebooting after startup

Hi all, new to this forum,

Had a TT One (old version) and never had a problem with it.

Recently upgraded to XL live IQ Routes Europe edition specifically for Live traffic and it has been nothing but problematic.

Bought new and 1st thing I did was back up via home then update software & maps, went without a glitch.
(Didn't do an explorer backup until after I initially updated, but suppose I have the map there worste come to worste)

But since 1st use the vast majority of the time (80%+), my TT reboots and sometimes continues to reboot constantly after turning on. I have read all other similar posts (and tried suggestions) but my problem differently to others I have read, appears to be within a second or two after the TT establishes a connection to the traffic server. So this appears to be the cause of my problem??? (I also have no problems updating via Home and my connection has never dropped during update or communication with TT/laptop, which may result in corrupt files, so sure this is notthe problem).

As soon as the traffic bar turns from grey to blue and as the info displays top right detailing number of incidents, BOOM, reboots, whether I have a route planned or not. Some times once, sometimes continues all the way on my 15 mile journey to work or back. Which is a killer as I specifically bought the TT for my commute as the 15 mile journey is on a horrific stretch of the A1 which takes between 20 mins and 1.1/2 hrs some days.

As I say, sometimes only reboots once then works like a charm. Other times it gets stuck in rebooting cycle I have to turn off then back on a few times, then sorts itself out (Unless I leave it and by time I get to work its fine!!)

Once on and locked to the Live services, I get no other issues of rebooting and has already saved me time. (Love it WHEN it works)

Problem is, this is of no use if I am at work by the time it has stopped rebooting and connected to live services, or I waste the time I would have saved sitting at my front door tunring off and on!

Any advice?
Thanks in advance.

I have jut been fiddling with it, 1st power on it got stuck in rebooting after connection to live each time, so powered off and on a few times.

Next two power on's I got single reboots after connection to live and it settled both times. Next 5 power ons, no reboots, however I know in morning I will have exactly the same problem.

Its almost like its warmed up.

Maybe its just lazy like me and doesnt wanna get outa bed in the morning?? :D

Last edited:
Have you made an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents? If not, please do so now.

Bought new and 1st thing I did was back up via home then update software & maps, went without a glitch.
(Didn't do an explorer backup until after I initially updated, but suppose I have the map there worste come to worste)

As I said in my first post ;)

Try doing "clear route", and wait until you stop moving, before shutting the unit off. That helps minimize reboots on future power-ons.

Ask a Question