Rebate Issues and Great Customer Support

Here it is.

I purchased a TomTom One XL in Canada and took advantage of the 100 dollar rebate. I cut out the UPC and photocopied the receipt. Both items were sent in an envelope to the rebate centre. I know I sent the cardboard UPC because I weighted the envelope and its contents to ensure the correct postage. On February 16, 2008 at 6:48 pm I was notified that my claim was rejected because I included a photocopy o the UPC.

I dispute this claim and the fun begins ....

The 866 for claims in the email is automated with no chance to talk to a person. I called TomTom customer support and was greeted with a human. He first told me to call the 866 number and when I told him it was automated he gave the PO Box to send a letter. After telling him that it was a rebate centre he gave me another number to call during business hours.

TOMTOM has done a good job improving customer support.

Without being too negative, I would think this lack of accountability is a perfect scenario for fraud. 10 "rejected" rebates is an easy $1000.

waiting for rebate as well

when did you send your rebate in I sent mine in about the 8th of January and still waiting to hear anything they ask for your email so they can contact you when they receive it but haven't heard anything from them

Here it is.

I purchased a TomTom One XL in Canada and took advantage of the 100 dollar rebate. I cut out the UPC and photocopied the receipt. Both items were sent in an envelope to the rebate centre. I know I sent the cardboard UPC because I weighted the envelope and its contents to ensure the correct postage. On February 16, 2008 at 6:48 pm I was notified that my claim was rejected because I included a photocopy o the UPC.

I dispute this claim and the fun begins ....

The 866 for claims in the email is automated with no chance to talk to a person. I called TomTom customer support and was greeted with a human. He first told me to call the 866 number and when I told him it was automated he gave the PO Box to send a letter. After telling him that it was a rebate centre he gave me another number to call during business hours.

TOMTOM has done a good job improving customer support.

Without being too negative, I would think this lack of accountability is a perfect scenario for fraud. 10 "rejected" rebates is an easy $1000.

They probably want the original RECIEPT AND UPC, and you should retain copies. I have had to do the same thing with other rebate offers. They want the original documents of everything. Send them the original reciept.

I've had lots of problems with rebates in the past. Never with TT, but I've never tried. I've been refused rebates a few times from Tmobile. Keep us updated as to what they end up doing for you.

I've always heard that TomTom has really good customer service. JD Power and Associates gave their Call Center an award for their excellence in satisfaction. So I'm glad that is at least working for you. I've heard a lot of people with the ONE 3rd Edition had a good experience with TT customer service.
http://www.clubtomtom.com/general/call-center-customer-satisfaction-excellence/

My one encounter with them was nothing but good. My only complaint was the hold time, and there's not a whole lot they can do about that...

Sent my rebate in the beginning of December. Received my rebate check toay. Did have a bit of a hassle, was rejected because I did not buy from a authorized vendor. Sent them a copy of the page from TomTom's PDF file.
Tracked my rebate on the website and received notification my check was mailed Feb. 12th.

Good Luck!

Irvinf

Ask a Question