tomtom 2007 GIVEGIVE rebate... RIP OFF

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom GO 920
Wasn't all that excited with my new GO 920, now to top off my POOR Christmas purchase tomtom REJECTED my $100.00 rebate. They said I purchased from a non-authorized dealer. The rebate form DID NOT say I had to buy from a authorized dealer, it gave a list of dealers that gave a instant rebate in there purchase price but my dealer did not. I payed a non rebated price! I was cheated by tomtom, I did exactly as rebate form said. Bet I never spend another dollar on tomtom products again, and I will tell everyone I can of my poor experience with the tomtom company. I have heard of shady debates but this is the first to get me. Other buyers BEWARE!! I,m off to spread the word.:mad:

I've had rejections before, too. I bought an Xbox 360 for my stepson and sent in the $100.00 rebate and it was rejected.
Have you contacted TomTom on the phone and asked about it?

I don't know where you got the info, but I know when I was looking into it, there was a list of authorized dealers that you HAD to buy from in order to obtain the rebate.

I don't know where you got the info, but I know when I was looking into it, there was a list of authorized dealers that you HAD to buy from in order to obtain the rebate.

Receive a $100 Mail-In Rebate
when you purchase
any of the following products:
ONE • ONE 3RD EDITION • ONE XL • ONE XL*S
GO 510 • GO 720 • GO 920T • GO 920 • GO 910 • RIDER
To receive your $100 rebate:
Send: • This completed form
• Original or copy of cash register
receipt dated November 21, 2007
through January 5, 2008
• ORIGINAL UPC code from the
`product package
Note: • Must be postmarked by
February 6, 2008
• Offer is not valid for purchases
made at retailers listed on this
form
• Check expires 90 days after issue
Mail to:
Dept # 98116
GiveGive
PO Box 52900
Phoenix, AZ 85072-2900
Name
Address
City State Zip Code
Email
(Will be used to confirm receipt of this submission.)
Army & Airforce Exchange
AAFES.com
Abt Electronics
Academy Sports
Amazon.com
American TV
Bernies
Best Buy
BJs Wholesale Club
Brookstone
Cabela’s
Car Toys
Circuit City
CompUSA
Conn’s Appliance
Costco.com
Crutchfield
Dell
Dunham’s Sporting Goods
Electronics Expo
Fortunoff’s
Fred Meyer
Fry’s Electronics
Future Shop
Gander Mountain
GSI Commerce
HH Gregg
Home Shopping Network
J&R Music
Joe’s Sporting Goods
Nexcom/Navy
Office Depot Trade
Office Max
PC Richard & Son
PepBoys Auto
QVC
Radio Shack
Sam’s Club US
Sears
Sixth Avenue Electronics
Staples US
Target
The GPS Store
The Sharper Image
The Sports Authority
TomTom Webstore
Toys R Us
Walmart US
Tweeter
Ultimate Electronics
THIS CERTIFICATE MUST ACCOMPANY REQUEST
Copies of UPC codes not accepted. Gift receipts are accepted. Offer good at various
retailers from November 21, 2007 - January 5, 2008.
Offer is NOT valid at retailers offering instant TomTom GiveGive savings,
including, but not limited to:
Limit 5 rebates per household. Failure to comply with the terms of this offer will
void your request. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted. Allow 8-10 weeks for
delivery of check. MUST BE POSTMARKED BY February 6, 2008. Valid only in the
USA and Puerto Rico. If you have not received your rebate in 8-10 weeks check the
status at www.rebatestatus.com or call 1-888-314-9902. Rebate offer expires if
the rebate check is not cashed within 90 days of the check date, after which time
TomTom will have no further obligation to you. TomTom is not responsible for lost,
destroyed, misdirected, postage due or delayed mail, or for any incorrect information
provided by you to TomTom. Make copies of all of your rebate documents for
your own records.
(Refurbished product is excluded from this rebate offer...........

Last edited:
Hope I didn't miss out

I bought mine through Amazon.com for $439.00. I knew if I purchased direct from TomTom there was a $100 rebate. I didn't know about the other places. I figured the rebate was built into the Amazon price. The post above suggests I may have been able to get an additional $100 back from TomTom. Oh well, too late now. Still $439 delivered to my door was a good price.

EDIT - Amazon is not a qualified dealer. Still, the rebate seems to have been built into the price.

Last edited:
Wasn't all that excited with my new GO 920, now to top off my POOR Christmas purchase tomtom REJECTED my $100.00 rebate. They said I purchased from a non-authorized dealer. :

Who was the non-authorized dealer? That's who I would want to avoid.

A key thing to note in your post is the following bullet:
? Offer is not valid for purchases
form

The key word is NOT....that long list of retailers you posted are not eligible for the rebate.

Yeah, but his issue is that he didn't buy from one of them on the list, so he thought he was good.
My response was where I saw the information on the rebate, it also had a link to a list of places that WERE eligable for the rebate. So I'm not sure where he read his information, but it wasn't as complete as the spot where I read mine. *shrug*

A key thing to note in your post is the following bullet:
? Offer is not valid for purchases
form

The key word is NOT....that long list of retailers you posted are not eligible for the rebate.

Purchased from Abe's of Maine, rebate does not say must be purchased at a AUTHORIZED Dealer, also rebate does not say go to tomtom website and check list of AUTHORIZED Dealers. They were misleading customers to raise sales in my opinion. I have made two calls to tom BOMB an they are just so SORRY, but I already knew they are Pretty Sorry! Just a tomtom scam. Wish I'd bought Garmin Nuvi.

*shrug* If you are so unhappy with the unit, sell it and buy the Garmin. I'm not sure how much you paid for 920, but I know that I could not have bought a Garmin with comparable features (like TTS) for less than $100 more than what I paid for my XLS.
Goodluck.

*shrug* If you are so unhappy with the unit, sell it and buy the Garmin. I'm not sure how much you paid for 920, but I know that I could not have bought a Garmin with comparable features (like TTS) for less than $100 more than what I paid for my XLS.
Goodluck.

*shrug* Thanks for your opinion,you have been very helpful. HAVE A NICE DAY!;)

What help would you expect me to give you? I certainly can't give you your $100 back. And I can't make TomTom do it either. You've got a very decent GPS unit in the 920. But if you feel so slighted by the rebate, get rid of it and buy your Garmin... Not much else I can tell you.
But to come on here saying that TT ripped you off and you're not all that impressed with the 920 and you should have bought a Garmin - how do you expect people to react to your posts?
I wasn't trying to be spiteful, only realistic. Sorry to offend. Bottom line, you'll have to fight it out with TomTom or accept your losses and move on.

What help would you expect me to give you? I certainly can't give you your $100 back. And I can't make TomTom do it either. You've got a very decent GPS unit in the 920. But if you feel so slighted by the rebate, get rid of it and buy your Garmin... Not much else I can tell you.
But to come on here saying that TT ripped you off and you're not all that impressed with the 920 and you should have bought a Garmin - how do you expect people to react to your posts?
I wasn't trying to be spiteful, only realistic. Sorry to offend. Bottom line, you'll have to fight it out with TomTom or accept your losses and move on.

Are you a tomtom Rep? or did you design the tomtom? does my post bother you in some way? or do you just like having the last word? Try and get over it! Aggravating you has been worth the $100...........later

Wasn't all that excited with my new GO 920, now to top off my POOR Christmas purchase tomtom REJECTED my $100.00 rebate. They said I purchased from a non-authorized dealer. The rebate form DID NOT say I had to buy from a authorized dealer, it gave a list of dealers that gave a instant rebate in there purchase price but my dealer did not. I payed a non rebated price! I was cheated by tomtom, I did exactly as rebate form said. Bet I never spend another dollar on tomtom products again, and I will tell everyone I can of my poor experience with the tomtom company. I have heard of shady debates but this is the first to get me. Other buyers BEWARE!! I,m off to spread the word.:mad:

Just was wondering how much you paid for you GO 920? If the price you paid included the $100 price reduction, why would you think you should get another $100 off?

WOW Abe's didn't rebate $100 in there price, I asked before I ordered $468 was not a rebate price.

MRBudMan wasn't being smart. Some of the retailers (like BestBuy) were specifically not part of the rebates because a deal with TomTom to drop the price by the $100.00 in store. I believe that he was just asking if maybe Abe's was part of said retailers based on the purchase price.

Contrary to how you might feel, people here are really trying to help. No one likes to see someone screwed out of money, especially in these times.

Off topic

Sorry to take this off-topic, but any reason you could not find your own avatar InHooterville?

Granted you might not have seen mine but it's the same pic with the right side background cropped out. Geesh. :confused:

I guess I'll just have to come up with something all on my own...again.

Ask a Question