Reality view sound problem?

Hey,

Like many others, I've had the stuttering problems with the computer voices on my TomTom 930. Mine were really bad, where the voice wouldn't just stutter, it would plain stop working after the first couple of announcements. I downloaded Mandy from the real voices, and she worked fine for several days. Yesterday, on my way home, I hit a part of the interstate where the full-screen Reality View kicked in, right as the TT was saying "keep left." The voice cut out, and didn't work again for the rest of the trip home. I was surprised, since I had first noticed the Reality View last week (pretty cool), and there wasn't a problem then. This time, I was watching the screen for the changeover, and as soon as it popped up, the voice stopped.

I have enabled the computer voice for warnings, so I wonder if that's what was actually kicking in there. Before, once the computer voice stopped working, nothing worked until I turned the TT off for awhile. Does anyone know if the "keep left" kind of messages would be announced by the computer voices?

Thanks.

It should. Try a pin reset.
The stuttering is a known problem which is only solved temporarely by resetting, rebooting, reinstalling.
The real solution is not provided by Tomtom.
For the other problems I would recommend a Check-disk session.

Last edited:
The stuttering is a known problem which is only solved temporarely by resetting, rebooting, reinstalling.
The real solution is not provided by Tomtom.
For the other problems I would recommend a Check-disk session.
Yeah, I've read quite a bit about the stuttering with the computer voices. The real voices were working fine til yesterday. I wasn't sure if Sarah (computer) kicked in when the Reality View popped up, since she is set for warnings and that is when the voice stopped again. Nothing is working right now; Mandy (real) has been failing all day. I am going to give it a full charge per the pin reset instructions, and then try that reset to see if it fixes the problem.

Ask a Question