140S Reality View doesnt work

I have been using TT 140s for about 2 months in the state of Texas. However, the gps never showed any reality view that it boasts about. I have the reality view thingy turn on in preferences, but still never got any real pictures. Is it that the maps do not have any reality views of Texas, or is that my version is buggy? Is there anything else I need to do for it to work?
Thanks

Are you sure your preference appears as HIDE Lane Images? (which means it's set to show them, if available).

If so, understand that Reality View is NOT available for every road, mainly some highway exits.

Thanks mate... I guess that was the problem !
The icon and message is sort of ambiguous... I just changed it... Lets see if it works.

The 140 comes preinstalled with Feruary's map 825. That map had reality view, but it was new to Tomtom so only the biggest intersections on the biggest highways had it.

November's map 840 has reality view in every interstate I've tried from Boston to NYC. I just did a route demo from Austin to Dallas with map 840 and I saw reality view immediately upon entering I-35.

That brings up the question, has anyone with an 840 map in the Greater Toronto Area gotten the Reality View to work yet?

Thanks.

Weird observation with Google maps.
Had to be in a part of town in the morning where it is best to go through the core. Because of the messy snow/ice condition I checked [Traffic] on the Google map and noticed that one section of the city expressway in the opposite direction of morning flow was shown in black/red so I figured it must be an accident.
Enlarging to the next higher view, it showed that section completely green. Next enlargement and that area turned yellow with a short spot of red.

Ask a Question