Reading map from SD card

Hello all,

I downloaded the NA 7.10 map onto a 2 GB SD card, however when I go to manage maps/change maps on the 720, the 7.10 map is not an option. Any help as to why this might be the case? Thanks

Hello all,

I downloaded the NA 7.10 map onto a 2 GB SD card, however when I go to manage maps/change maps on the 720, the 7.10 map is not an option. Any help as to why this might be the case? Thanks

Questions:

1. Was it just downloaded or actually INSTALLED on the sd card? There's a difference since the download is a zip file and you need TTHome to install it.

2. If you feel it WAS installed on the sd card, can you actually see the map folder on the card when using Explorer or some other file manager?

3. Have you tried a pin reset on the unit?

Hi dhn,

I see the map folder as North_America-1 on the E: drive using explorer. I noticed that there is a zip file in that folder, however when I tried to open it using WinZip, it shows an error "the disk in drive E: does not contain a complete zip file. If it is part of a spanned zip file set, please insert the last disk of the set into the drive and click on OK. Other wise click cancel."

When I use TT Home to show contents of my device, the free space available (242.2 MB) demonstrates that the map file is on the disk, however it is not listed on the page.

I appreciate your help. Thank you

Hi dhn,

I see the map folder as North_America-1 on the E: drive using explorer. I noticed that there is a zip file in that folder, however when I tried to open it using WinZip, it shows an error "the disk in drive E: does not contain a complete zip file. If it is part of a spanned zip file set, please insert the last disk of the set into the drive and click on OK. Other wise click cancel."

When I use TT Home to show contents of my device, the free space available (242.2 MB) demonstrates that the map file is on the disk, however it is not listed on the page.

I appreciate your help. Thank you

Well, from the sound of it, your map did not install properly on the sd card. There should NOT be a zip FILE in the NA folder.

All files gotten from TomTom are stored in a download directory, as defined in TomTom Home (unless you changed the default folder).

So, try this: go to My documents-->Tom Tom-->Home-->Downloads-->Map-->North America and see if there is a North America.zip file there.

If there is, delete contents of the NA map folder on your sd card (use Explorer). Now, open TTHome. Select the sd card as storage. Now, in TTHome, go to icon "Items on My Computer". You should see a line item called MAP. Expand it and it should show your NA map. Select it and try to install again.

Hi dhn,

I downloaded and re-installed the NA map following your directions, and now everything works! Thank you very much, your assistance is much appreciated

Ask a Question