Go 300 problem reading SD

Hello everyone
first ... congratulations for the forum, very interesting.

I would like to submit the following problem, I copied to a new SD content than is currently in use (backup) operation carried out on pc.

The device is off, I entered the new SD, after which the power-TT crashed and the image shows a blink on the SD drive.

Off the TT and put the old SD, rekindled TT ok

Inserted the new SD drive on the pc reads it correctly.

Executed FAT32 format from pc

TT connected to your PC (by USB) inserted new SD formatted, and given provisions on Ok to connect to PCs, the SD card (E: \ drive) is not read, returns the following message "Please Insert unit .... E: \ "

Thanks in advance for helping me to know

Have you kept the folder and file structure exactly the same on the new card or (I have seen this quite a few times) put a single folder (your backup) straight on to the new card so when you look at in file explorer you first of all see a folder rather than the folders and lose files?
The folder/ file structure MUST remain the same for the device to see the data on the new card.

The other issue could be one of speed, if the new card is too slow the device will reject the card and refuse to use it even if the files/ folders are structured correctly - Mike

If the PC is not even recognising the card, then I don't think it's a files and folderes layout problem.

Sounds to me like it's just a bad card - either too slow or just broken. Do you have another you could try (from a camera maybe?)

The Go300 is quite old and CANNOT use the new SDHC type cards. You need a standard SD type card, no larger than 2GB to start with and as fast as you can get.
We MAY be able to find a larger one (4GB) but they are very difficult to find now.

Hello Mike and Andy
I kept the same structure (and quantity) of files and folders

the pc recognizes perfectly read and write SD

SD is a Ultra SanDisk 2GB 15MB / s

I tried the clear flash but without success, was not run

Thanks again for the help
:wave:

Hello Mike and Andy
I kept the same structure (and quantity) of files and folders

the pc recognizes perfectly read and write SD

Is this a new card then? Otherwise I'm a bit confused as in your first post you said "the SD card (E: \ drive) is not read, returns the following message "Please Insert unit .... E: \ "" which implies to me that the PC couldn't read the card.

SD is a Ultra SanDisk 2GB 15MB / s
That sounds fine.

I tried the clear flash but without success, was not run
What were you expecting to see? When you run the clearflash utility, you don't really see anything happening. You just have to assume it has done the job.

So... where are we now?
You've copied everything to the new card, and with the card in the TomTom the PC can see it and read the contents and the contents look the same as on the old card.
Is that right?

But it still doesn't work, and still keeps rebooting on startup?

1. Is this a new card then....
    The message that is returned when I try to read the SD through the TT, if I insert the SD in the same lot dep pc all ok law perfectly SD
  1. So. .. where are we now?
    Is that right? yes right!
  1. But it still does not work....
    the problem not that "continues to restart on boot " the problem is that in addition to not start in the area of the image of the TT SD slot flash keeps flashing and nothing happens

:thumb: again many thanks for the help

guys would not believe !!!!!
I run the following test:
GO 300 connected to the PC with TTHome started, working with SD, run backup function TTHome

copied from backup file c: \ Home \ ..... \ backup \ ... SD to subject of failure, --> copy ok

SD inserted in the GO 300 will not start!

Entered SD into PC at TTHome recognized (by PC) and run the map update

I think I understand that the problem is in the cumin GO 300 and SD slot, but I have no idea how to fix it

Clearly not a blocking problem (I buy another SD) but I'd like to understand

Thanks for helping me know
:wave:

Hello Mike,
could be the same issue, see attached file
Thanks

Attachments

• 2011-05-28_post.jpg
    2011-05-28_post.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 351
I doubt its related to the post in your screen grab as that issue prevents the device from connecting to TomTom Home, the device works fine in all other aspects other than its Home interface - Mike

Hello,
I understand that my problem has no solution ... I give up and change SD
thanks for the help

Ask a Question