RDS-TMC Accuracy

TomTom Model(s)
I know some other threads have touched on this...but I wanted to bring it up again...I have a Go 910 w/ the latest firmware and an RDS-TMC receiver...

I travel in the NY/NJ area and when I do get a signal I find the traffic information to be terrible. It seems when a delay is posted it is only posted as 1 minute, regardless if the delay is 1 hour or 1 minute - I also find the accuracy of information poor as well.

Furthermore when I spoke w/ a TT tech, they told me the traffic info from both RDS-TMC and Internet (through your phone) are the same source, however I can't believe that is true, as when I used my phone (in the past) the traffic data was much more accurate...

Evidently the 1 minute delay issue is actually a bug which is corrected by the new firmware released last week. There are threads about this in the 720 and 920 forums.

Evidently the 1 minute delay issue is actually a bug which is corrected by the new firmware released last week. There are threads about this in the 720 and 920 forums.

Thank you...do you know if this firmware is also release for the Go x10, specifically the 910? I just had my 910 docked over the weekend and I did not get any update - just a GPS Quick Fix...

I have the latest firmware 7.162 and I am still having the problem...all traffic delays are 1 min.

I spoke w/ TomTom support and they had me remove the application and reinstall it from TomTom Home...this did not fix the issue...

Any help would be appreciated...

Ask a Question