RANT Section??

TomTom Model(s)
510 software 6.52
How about a Rant section for everyone to vent their frustrations with TT customer service? Maybe they will read the Rants and try to improve the shitty service over there!

On Rebates

How about a Rant section for everyone to vent their frustrations with TT customer service? Maybe they will read the Rants and try to improve the shitty service over there!

I had done everything correctly to comply with TT's regs for a $ 100.- rebate but was told after eight weeks that the UPC had not been included. Duh! As if one would waste the time of copying the invoice, filling out the rebate slip and then forget to include the UPC, especially since it meant cutting up the box of my GO910.

Then followed two intense weeks of e-mailing and telephone calls, one of them lasting 65 minutes, sending them - by snail mail - scanned copies of the documents sent, including the envelope with a stamp on it.

Sorry, we cannot do anything without the UPC.

Time to get tough!

I sent a report to the Consumer Protection People in Mass. and sent a copy to TT HQ.

After less than 4 days I had an apology, my rebate plus a gift for my troubles. Of course I withdrew my complaint to the State Atty. General without delay. This would not have been necessary if the on-line Customer Dis-Service would put people in charge of servicing customers, e..g. at least to read their mail.

The irony was that my PO box contained not only the check and the gift but also a post card notifying me officially that the rebate had been declined.

No wonder they don't communicate with the customers - they don't even talk to each other. Fortunately there are some GPS forums with guys who knew their devices and give excellent advice and one doesn't have to rely on non-squitur canned replies.

I didn't buy a Magellan because their customer service - in Nepalese and Hindi - is documented to be atrocious.

That doesn't happen with TomTom's phone representatives who always give their names and are very courteous - if one has the time and patience to wait for an available one.

At least the product is excellent.

Last edited:
Just the opposite...Praise!

I heard about TT's customer service when I started researching getting one of these. I called once prior to purchase and had a person in less than 5 min and who was very helpful.

Each time I have called TT Cust Svc they have answered within 10 min, have been extremely courteous and knowledgeable, AND have gone out of their way too help.

So while some may experience problems with TT...I have had nothing but good things to say about them!

WHY THE Fuuuuu does TT send a replacement mount that does the exact same thing as the original mount????? For about 3 weeks it worked fine, staying upright. Then yesterday I'm on a 2 hour drive and every 5 minutes I have to raise my TT back up because the fuuuuuu'in mount won't stay up. It's like they said, "Sorry for our defective product, take this other defective piece of crap free of charge".

Ask a Question