Warranty Issues

TomTom Model(s)
Via135
Is there anyone who can help. I purchased a Via 135 that Tom Tom have accepted was faulty and requested I send back to them. I did and received a refurbished one as a replacement when my own was unused and only 2 months old. I have e.mailed and also written to HQ in Holland but the letters go unanswered and staff I speak to tell me that they have the option of replacing faulty goods with refurbished ones at their discretion. I have just used the refurb and that also is faulty. What ever happened to Sale of Goods Act and how do I get someone in authority to respond to me. Davidjay:mad:

It's not at all unusual to receive a refurbished or remanufactured unit in a warranty replacement -- by any company.

Out of curiosity -- what was wrong with unit #1, and what was wrong with unit #2?

Be thankful you got one of the same model. I'm still waiting since early February for a GO 2535 TM WTE with only a statement "Don't worry, you will have the correct tomtom device, once we have those on stock."

They continue to sell new ones but apparently are not willing to send them to replace defective ones.

I disagree with receiving refurbished units.
The first unit, purchased new, would not operate independently of power source - the battery would not charge and the second unit, the refurb, cuts out when vehicle hits defective road service and has to be reset and also the suction holder is loose and unit falls from windscreen.
I would never purchase anything else from Tom Tom and could never recommend them

I can understand being given a refurb. unit if you have asked for a warranty repair after several months.
But if the unit is faulty almost as soon as you take it out of the box, then the shop (or TomTom) should replace it with a brand new one.

Ask a Question