QuickGPSfix

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL*S VIA1605TM
Thank everyone now for replying.

Since upgrading to HOME2.2.1.33 or .58 was unable to download
"QuickGPSfix" updates. Removed Ephem folder as suggested here in the group but it did not help. This is the only issue with the HOME updates. Re-installed
2.1 and GPSfix was upated.

NOTE: installed a 4GB SD card in my XL-S--no problem.

Last edited:
Thank everyone now for replying.

Since upgrading to HOME2.2.1.38 or .58 was unable to download
"QuickGPSfix" updates. Removed Ephem folder as suggested here in the group but it did not help. This is the only issue with the HOME updates. Re-installed
2.1 and GPSfix was upated.

NOTE: installed a 4GB SD card in my XL-S--no problem.

i had problems w/ 2.21.21 (something like that) after downloading it. I received a message that I was not connected to the internet. It worked fine in 2.1. It seems to be working now but rather slowly. When I first did 2.2 I could not log in and could not receive updates. Make sure you are looed in. It should display your e-mail address in the upper right hand corner.

I installed the update, version 2.2.1.58 and then did the MapShare update and the GPSFix update, both worked fine.
I'm puzzled by the Update process, though. It has taken as long as 30 minutes to check for updates. This time it was only about 15, but it still seems way too long.

John

There is an alternate way to get the latest Ephemeris file from Tomtom that needs to be computer litterate.

Go to the location where Tomtom Home downloads and that can be found in the preferences of Home. Go to the ephemeris folder and look in one the subfolder for the file Ephemeris.toc. Open that file with your text editor (Notepad). You will see the download url with the needed parameters. Copy and paste that url in your browser and it will download the latest ephemeresis.cab file. If you have Winrar installed, you can unarchive that file and update the lto.dat and ee_meta.txt files on your internal memory or SD card ephemeris folder.

This is a great tip. Works perfectly. many thanks!

particularly since I haven't seen a gpsfix file the last couple of times I logged on.

As suggested in another thread, just browse the contents of your unit in TTHome and apply an old GPSFix update. Then go back to Update Unit and it will download the latest GPSFix.
The above works as well - I did it today, but some may find applying the old one just a bit faster.

Ask a Question