quickGPSfix on 630

where is quick gps fix installed? only on the computer (TTH)? why don't I see it installed on the device? how to install it on the device?

It is installed on the device when you use Home to update the contents. It goes in the root of the unit.

You can check that a new one is there by viewing the contents of the unit with Explorer and sort by date. Look for files changed the date you update. (Mapshare changes also go in files in the map folder AND in the root of the unit)

quickgpsfix

I checked in explorer as well as in TTH's installed item list, the quickfix is not installed in the device. however it's only installed in TTH. and updating device will never install it on the device either. is there a way I can manually copy the quickfix file to the root of 630?

So, what is your procedure? After being connected through HOME you click on Update my GO.
You wait until the screen UPDATES Select the items to download and install on your navigation device displays in the bottom RH corner (Update and install). and you click that button and wait until the (Done) button appears.

If there was a GPSFix as part of the download, they must now be installed in the device since if you click Operate my GO you will see that no satellite show in their bar. If you now select to navigate to a destination, there are still no satellites shown. If you now run a Show route demo of the route there are most of the times no satellites shown either.

Sometimes HOME gets confused on quickgpsfix serial numbers and doesn't install properly.

Go to "Manage my GO" in HOME, and remove all quickgpsfix versions from the device and from the computer.

Then go to "update my GO" and things should be fine.

where is quick gps fix installed? only on the computer (TTH)? why don't I see it installed on the device? how to install it on the device?
Are you certain you know what you're looking for? Your TomTom has a folder called "ephem" on it. If loaded on your unit, the QuickGPSfix files are in that folder.

On your PC, they'll be located in individual folders in this folder (typically) c:\My Documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\complete\ephemeris On the PC, you may find a number of such folders called QuickGPSfix - one for each of the times it's been downloaded. Feel free to nuke them all. All but the latest are "history".

I am getting a message that it cannot be installed on my unit.
Please see the screenshot.

Attachments

• Quick-Fix_Error.jpg
    Quick-Fix_Error.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 684
The version of the QuickGPSfix shown in your screenshot is way out of date. The current version is 127955157. It could be that the file on the PC is corrupted and Home can't replace it with the newest one.

Using Windows explorer go to

"C:\Documents and Settings\"your user name"\My Documents\TomTom\Home\Download\complete\ephemeris"

and delete all the contents found there. After you make sure that the ephemeis folder is empty, try updating your GO 630 via Home again and all should be OK.

HTH,

Ask a Question