QuickGPSFix

TomTom Model(s)
XL IQ Routes Edition (UK & ROI)
Hi

Since purchasing my IQ Routes XL (original edition) I have always had the QuickGPSFix listed both on my device and on my PC (using the TomTom Home Software).

After a recent update I see this item has disappeared from my device and I cannot see how I can retrieve it. It is still shown on my PC but there is no way I can see to transfer it from the PC to the device.

Checking for updates to my device also doesn't show this item for download.

Is this item supposed to be available for my device or is it only available as part of LIve Services? If so, why did it appear on my device until now?

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Hi

Since purchasing my IQ Routes XL (original edition) I have always had the QuickGPSFix listed both on my device and on my PC (using the TomTom Home Software).

After a recent update I see this item has disappeared from my device and I cannot see how I can retrieve it. It is still shown on my PC but there is no way I can see to transfer it from the PC to the device.

Checking for updates to my device also doesn't show this item for download.

Is this item supposed to be available for my device or is it only available as part of LIve Services? If so, why did it appear on my device until now?

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Sounds as though you got a bad quickfix file. All it takes is once and they don't continue to load. Actually, you don't want to retrieve it. They're very transitory in nature and easy to replace.

To be sure there are no "bad ones" lurking about, delete all of the folders that start with "QuickGPSfix" that you find in your PCs folder called My Documents / TOMTOM / HOME / Downloads / complete / ephemeris

Then delete the three files inside the "ephem" folder in the root of your TomTom.

The next time you connect with Home, it will immediately offer you a new one.

And no, this isn't just offered to users of Live services. It goes out to all users. The file is used by your TomTom to help it predict the satellite constellation that will exist the next time you turn your unit on. The info is only good for about a week. It saves time in initial satellite acquisition at startup.

Last edited:
Hi

Thanks for the information.

Following your instructions, it was just a two minute job and it was fixed. Brilliant.

Ask a Question