QuickGPSFix will not install

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910 & 920
getting following error during the update process:

'Could not open destination file "F:\ephem\packedemphemeris.ee" for writing'

Anyone else had this problem before?

downloading to TT Home. fails to write the data to the disk (no SD card... this is 910 so HD only) when performing update. checked the subdirectory, and the file size is 0kb.

downloading to TT Home. fails to write the data to the disk (no SD card... this is 910 so HD only) when performing update. checked the subdirectory, and the file size is 0kb.

My apologies, I was thinking of something else's problem when I posted.

Anyway, so as soon as you connect to HOME it should prompt you to DL...is it at that point when you try to DL that you get the error?

Have you tried creating a textfile, renaming the same textfile, and deleting that same textfile in the ephem directory? (I'm just checking to see if there are any issues in that particular directory.)

thanks Digital! while you're typing this, I did something similar that fixed the problem. I simply deleted existing "packedephemeris.ee" file, and then the update completed successfully.

packedemphemeris.ee zero bytes

getting following error during the update process:

'Could not open destination file "F:\ephem\packedemphemeris.ee" for writing'

Anyone else had this problem before?

Im having the exact same problem and the solution which worked for MarekWK does not work for me.

When i check the file size, it says it's zero. I tried deleting the file and it returns (pops back) after doing a directory refresh. I have found a packedemphemeris.ee file while searching the net and saved it. It's about 56K. I tried to replace the current 0 byte file with this new one and it tells me that the file or directory is corrupted. I don't know what to do. Any ideas??

Im having the exact same problem and the solution which worked for MarekWK does not work for me.

When i check the file size, it says it's zero. I tried deleting the file and it returns (pops back) after doing a directory refresh. I have found a packedemphemeris.ee file while searching the net and saved it. It's about 56K. I tried to replace the current 0 byte file with this new one and it tells me that the file or directory is corrupted. I don't know what to do. Any ideas??

Try deleting the emphereris directory altogether. Then disconnect and reconnect to HOME.

Ask a Question