Quick Gpsfix

I haven't gotten a quick gpsfix for at least 3 months on my 940XL. I don't think that is correct. Has anyone else had this problem before?

I haven't gotten a quick gpsfix for at least 3 months on my 940XL. I don't think that is correct. Has anyone else had this problem before?
Yes - quite a few folks. There was just a thread on this one yesterday.

Connect your 940. Ignore the fact that Home will start. It's irrelevant at the moment. Do whatever it asks, then shut Home down (but don't "disconnect" your 940 yet).

On your 940, use your PC to navigate to the folder called "ephem" (short for ephemeris). Delete the 3 files that you find there. Disconnect your 940 properly using the USB disconnect of your OS, and when complete, unplug it.

On your PC, navigate to "My Documents/TomTom/HOME/Downloads/complete/ephemeris" and delete the QuickGPSFix and all of the QuickGPSFix-[number] folders you find there.

Now, plug in your TomTom and let Home fire up. It should now offer you a fresh QuickGPSFix.

Last edited:

Ask a Question