quick fix gps

what are they ? it seems every time i connect to my computer and start home i get one of these .1mb in size .
mike

sorry found answer

Your TomTom device uses the signals of at least 4 satellites to to pinpoint your location. To start navigating, it needs to know exactly where each satellite is. Stop waiting! Start navigating faster with TomTom QuickGPSfix?.
This smart service speeds up the time it takes to fix your GPS position, helping you to get a GPS signal within 30 seconds - even when it's is weak or partially blocked.
need to google more
mike

what are they ? it seems every time i connect to my computer and start home i get one of these .1mb in size .
mike

Here's a link to a good explanation on how GPS QuickFIX works by "kichu1979" on another forum:

Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras

If you use your GPS or SatNav everyday, you really don't need to get the QuickFIX as your unit already knows where to look for satellites.

Last edited:

Ask a Question