Question about multiple destinations (Realtor)

It's time for a new GPS, and just started doing some research this morning.

I'm a Realtor and had a question regarding routing I guess you would call it.

I'm looking for a unit where I can input let's say 10 addresses prior to leaving the office and showing homes, and then be able to easily just select the next address on my route after we're done viewing a home (instead of manually inputting the next address when navigating to the next home). I hope this makes sense :)

Anyway, would something like the XXL 550M be capable of this?

If not, any suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

No, the 550M isn't the model for you. It does not support itinerary planning.

A unit that WILL do this, and is a bargain right now (see Amazon for about $99) is the XXL540TM.

There are also multiple ways to plan an itinerary that you may find of interest. One is to create the itinerary on the face of the unit. Another is to use your PC with your unit docked to operate the unit that way. I find that easier only because it's easier for me to see the screen and use the keyboard on my PC to enter the locations than the screen on the unit.

There are also some 3rd party solutions, but probably won't be of any special help in your particular situation.

Thank you. Yes, inputting from the PC sounds like the way to go.

Any reason to consider the newer version (according to Amazon anyway) TomTom VIA 1505TM ?

That model can only handle 3 waypoints, if that. It does NOT have the Itinerary Planning capabilities of the 540.

@azmonsoon
When you visit Amazon (or wherever you prefer to shop), be certain that you are looking for the XXL540M or XXL540TM model. The former gets you a lifetime map update subscription, and the latter, if you find need of it, gets you some semi-realtime traffic data along with the lifetime map subscription.

Thanks again. I ordered the TomTom XXL 540TM 5-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator (Lifetime Traffic & Maps Edition) from Amazon.

Remember, you have to activate the M function on the unit by calling the CS number at 866-486-6866 with the code on a card you'll find in the package of materials.

In theory, you can activate online but many North Americans find that method doesn't work very well.

When you get around to playing with itineraries, be sure and let us know if you get stuck anywhere along the way - almost a pun.

Ask a Question