Question about multiple rounte planning

Hi Folks,

Just got my TomTom go910. The salesperson said I could put in multiple locations and the TomTom would so me the quickest route but it is putting them in the order I enter them. Is there a way to get it to plot the quickest way through multiple stops? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

welcome to the site 1sorenorm.

If I understand you correctly, you put in multiple destinations before you go anywhere. The you want to go to each of these but have TomTom tell you which one is closest to your current location. Correct?

I think the salesman might have just wanted to make the sale? You can go to each one if you mark them as waypoints on your route, but it will still take you to each one as you enter them (or manually re-arrange them) but it won't figure out which is closest an take you to that one automatically.

....at least my ONE won't do that, that I'm aware of. Maybe someone else has an answer to the contrary for you.

One way to get around that:
1- Create a POI category 2- Browse all the places you want to visit 3- For each place enter it in the POI category u just created 4- Do a 'Navigate to', choose 'POI near home', then pick that POI category.
All the places will be shown in the order of closer distance.
After that,you also modify a bit by doing a browse map, current GPS position, hit the 'cursor' button, choose POI nearby ....
Hope this is what you want to do.

Want another way ?
If you have MS Streets & Trips, put a 'pin' on each place you're interested in. Save the map as an est file, use the program POIConverter (I put the link in the LowClerance thread) to convert it to an OV2.
You have to hook your TomTom to your PC ... u have to decide which one is less 'labor intensive' .:D
Xmas time you can have S & T for about 30 bucks.

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I'll have to do some playing around to see what will work the best. Maybe this is something they will include in the next upgrade.

I asked your very same question when I got my new 910 toy. If you create "way points" you can force the route to be to your liking and there won't be any delays.

If you make each place where you want to deviate from the shortest or fastest route, into a "Destination", you would have to punch the screen each time you arrive at the next point.

Thus the trick is to make the place you want to visit into a Destination while the in-between ones are merely way points. I am new at this too but it was a great discovery when I found out from the great help in this forum.

Ask a Question