Question about latest update 9.026

I ran my routine monthly update on my XL340S. Downloaded the latest app v 9.026 and map share corrections.

Two questions:

1. It said info on the new app at tomtom.com/6141. That site listed only changes through v 9.025. So what's new in v 9.026?

2. On the Tom Tom Home screen on the computer, there was no option for updating GPS coordinates.
Is that now automatically a part of the app update?

Thanks, Ken

9.026 for those models it applies to is supposed to fix a rounding bug when someone corrects a speed limit location and 40 appears as 39 (or something like that :) ).

Are you asking whether Home should offer a new gpsquickfix file? Yes it should, normally.

Yes I was asking if Home should offer the latest GPS fix file. I've seen it before and updated it, but I couldn't find it this time. Maybe I'll try again in a week. Thanks.

9,026 fixes the issue with incorrect speed limits being displayed on the device when using the TomTom Safety Cameras the warnings were comming up with very strange numbers rather than the true speed - this was connected to the KPH/ MPH conversion issues we have seen before - Only affected those countries with MPH as the speed unit of measurement and TomTom Safety Cameras for those countries - Mike

Found this info on a Google search, so if this is correct that TomTom HOME offers the QuickGPSfix file only if needed I wonder why it was not offered when I connected the other day. I have not updated the QuickGPSfix file in at least 3 weeks.

TomTom HOME

1. Connect your device to your computer.
2. In TomTom HOME, click Update my device.
If the QuickGPSfix data on your device is outdated, HOME offers a QuickGPSfix update.

Found this info on a Google search, so if this is correct that TomTom HOME offers the QuickGPSfix file only if needed I wonder why it was not offered when I connected the other day. I have not updated the QuickGPSfix file in at least 3 weeks.

TomTom HOME

1. Connect your device to your computer.
2. In TomTom HOME, click Update my device.
If the QuickGPSfix data on your device is outdated, HOME offers a QuickGPSfix update.

Try this: Connect your TomTom. When TT Home opens, go to Manage My Device. Click the Items on Computer tab. Go down to QuickGPSfix data and select all. Now click on Remove items from computer. Now check for updates again and you should get the quickGPSfix update if it is available. One of the mods (sorry I'm not giving proper credit as this was very helpful to me) posted this solution and after doing the above, I get QuickGPSfix updates several times (daily) a week.

Last edited:

Ask a Question