Programs in one place?

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom 1 LE
Is there a sticky that lists all 3rd party programs that can be used on the TT? I see alot of programs here that are very useful, but when I need them I forgot where I read about them..For POI's, etc?
It might be time if it doesn't exits...

Thanks,

Jim

Is there a sticky that lists all 3rd party programs that can be used on the TT? I see alot of programs here that are very useful, but when I need them I forgot where I read about them..For POI's, etc?
It might be time if it doesn't exits...

Thanks,

Jim

I'll add this to my webpage, Jim. Keep looking back and one of the icons will be a pointer to a page with a list of 3rd party programs....

Third Party Software

Just got my TT One XL for 2007 Xmas. Playing with a 1gb SD, and had to (Of course) load the SD with the whole system. Fine ... good backup. However, as an OLD computer guy, I have some questions:

1. How bout those three html's that are preloaded. If you look at them, they are regular html code, but are compiled. I have a website I would like to put on the TT One XL to show what I do when I am out selling. I am also an entertainer. See my website.

2. On the One XL, am I limited by firmware? I would like to put 720 or 920 on the chip. Then I could do MP3 and photos.

3. How do you make a Catagory. XL comes with a ton I am not interested in, but I do RV half the year. I already have downloaded *.ov2 for fuel, costco, TJ, etc. Had to put them in the USA Maps folder. Tried to put them in a folder I created, but didn't work. Appaently lost pointers.

4. Does anyone know of a POI utility to make ov2's out of csv's that I can download and use on my PC?

5. What would REALLY be cool would be software which would emulate the One XL (or any other GPS) on the PC or Mac you are using to customize your SD card.

Finally, I agree there are some applications out there which would be neat. Name and Address upload. Reference html's. Calendar. Simple databases. Hey ... why not. Only limited by size of SD and, I have heard there are guys getting by with 8 gb.

By the way, I use Total Commander by Christian Ghisler (Google ghisler.com) to view and manipulate files on the SD card and / or the One XL at the same time. Sorry Bill, but Explorer doesn't cut it! It's free with a nag screen. bought it.

Please respond ... This is my first thread. Hope I did it correct.

Best Regards, Tom Kennedy

Just got my TT One XL for 2007 Xmas. Playing with a 1gb SD, and had to (Of course) load the SD with the whole system. Fine ... good backup. However, as an OLD computer guy, I have some questions:

4. Does anyone know of a POI utility to make ov2's out of csv's that I can download and use on my PC?

Please respond ... This is my first thread. Hope I did it correct.

Best Regards, Tom Kennedy

Tom, for your point 4, go here:

http://tomtom.gps-data-team.com/poi/csv2ov2.php

Ask a Question